Natural Remedies for Enlarged Pores
One of the most common beauty problems in both men and women are enlarged pores, which on top of giving skin an unhealthy appearance, tend to clog easier, forming annoying blackheads.
Everyone to a certain extent has visible pores that may lead to the appearance of pimples. However, some people have found several techniques to hide or reduce their appearance to prevent them from affecting the skin’s natural beauty.
It’s not currently known what causes this skin problem, but it’s believed that genetics, hormonal changes, and an excess production of oil play an important role in the development of large pores.
The good news is that there are several treatments that can close them naturally, deep cleaning them to avoid the appearance of acne. Would you like to learn more?
Tomato pulp masque for enlarged pores
A tomato masque balances the natural pH of the skin, making it easier to remove excess oil and reducing the impact of free radicals.
Its antioxidant and astringent properties help close open pores and naturally clarify the skin.
- Cut a fresh tomato, remove the seeds and apply the pulp to the face.
- Let work for 10 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
Don’t forget to read: Powerful Health Benefits of Tomatoes
Egg white and orange juice
Using eggs whites on the skin is really popular nowadays as its properties firm and tone the skin, avoiding problems with sagging.
This ingredient, combined with the vitamin C in oranges, makes an astringent masque that’s ideal for removing dead cells and shrinking pores.
- 1 egg white
- The juice of one orange
- Beat the egg white with the orange juice to obtain a homogeneous liquid.
- Apply the masque using a brush, let it dry on your face, then rinse with warm water.
Salt and cream
Salt is an ideal ingredient for exfoliating the skin and removing dead skin cells. Combined with the lactic acid in the cream it makes an excellent remedy to minimize enlarged pores and reduce impurities.
- Mix a tablespoon of cream with a teaspoon of salt and apply to the affected areas in gentle circular motions.
- Let work for 20 minutes, then rinse clean with warm water.
Although it’s almost always thrown in the trash, papaya peel is rich in nutrients and compounds that are beneficial to skin health.
- Rub the inside of the peel on the areas of your face that are affected by black heads. Let work for 20 minutes, then rinse with cold water.
This plant is rich in nutrients and possesses properties that reduce the size of the pores while balancing the skin’s pH.
Its vitamins, minerals and antioxidants make it great for moisturizing and toning the skin, while preventing the signs of premature aging.
- Extract the gel from a stalk of aloe vera and apply to the face. Wait 20 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
Celery: a natural cleanser
You should apply a natural cleanser or toner after waking up and before going to bed to refresh your skin and remove excess oil.
Celery is a great ingredient for making this product as it contains vitamins, minerals and important antioxidants that support cellular regeneration.
- Boil a handful of celery in half a liter of water. Let cool and pour into a spray bottle. Apply as needed.
Do you want to know more? Read: Rejuvenate Your Body with Celery
Among honey’s many medicinal benefits, we find important nutrients and properties that improve skin health.
Honey possess antimicrobial and antibacterial properties that reduce the presence of the bacteria that cause acne. On top of reducing the excess oils, it also diminishes enlarged pores.
- Apply a thin layer of honey over your entire face or just the affected areas. Let work for 15 minutes, then rinse with cold water.
- Another great way to use honey consists of mixing it with oatmeal to create an exfoliating masque.