Natural Remedies for Dark Circles in Women
Dark circles under your eyes can be caused by different things. Apart from making us look tired or even sad, they may also reflect an imbalance in our body. Here we will provide you with natural remedies for dark circles and explain their causes.
According to natural medicine, the main causes of recurring dark circles (not the ones caused by a night of insomnia or excess, etc.) can be due to:
- Excessive consumption of acidic food
- Too much toxins in an organ: liver, bladder, kidneys, lungs
Dark Circles from Hyperacidity
Excess of acidity can be due to a poor diet (too much acid), continuous consumption of medicine like aspirin or ibuprofen, bad habits, stress, or digestion that is too weak. If your motive is diet, try to avoid food that is rich in sugar, fried or refined ingredients, as well as acidic food. Choose the following instead:
Lemon, besides being a citrus and acidic, has a neutralizing effect on acids once it hits your stomach, which is why we recommend eating it frequently, along with food and juice, mixed in water.
Dark Circles Due to Dehydration
Dehydration is the easiest factor to solve, although it is very difficult to do it. You should drink two liters of water a day between meals. Drinking natural juices, broths, infusions can help you, but you should avoid sugar and excess salt. If you try to do it everyday, in a few days you will notice a huge improvement, not only for your dark circles but also for your skin, energy, etc.
Dark Circles Due to Excess Toxins in an Organ
You can easily detect this third cause by looking at the color of your eye circles.
- Yellowish color: You often wake up with eye bags. According to their color, they will have one meaning or another. This is especially important to take into account when you permanently have this color in your eye bags. A yellow color almost always means your liver and gallbladder. In this case, it means that these organs are working over their capabilities. In order to help treat them, drink bitter plant infusions (artichoke, boldo, milk thistle, dandelion…), avoid fats that are harmful to your health, and sleep with a bag of hot water on top of the ribs on your right side to heat your liver.
- Dark or black color: In turn, when your dark circles are a dark color or even black shows you that the organs that are affected are the kidneys, bladder, and your reproductive organs, which is the cause of an old digestive system problem. In that case, if the organs that are affected are your kidneys, eat celery and onion soup everyday or drink bardana infusions, which will help prevent dehydration and facilitate your kidneys’ function. Moreover, if you suspect that your reproductive organs are affected, you should try to find out what exactly is the problem that you are experiencing in order to treat it properly.
- Pale or grey color: A pale or grey color also refers to your kidneys or your lungs, in some cases. IN that case, one of these organs is not functioning correctly because of an incorrect lymphatic drainage. In other cases, it could be related to your hormone system. You can use the remedies that we recommended beforehand for your kidneys. We recommend doing frequent outdoor trips to the beach or forest for your lungs, where you will be able to breath deeply. Obviously, you should avoid tobacco smoke and contaminated areas as much as possible. If your dark circles are due to a hormonal problem, you can take a natural remedy for three months like Vitex or maca, which work as hormonal regulators.
We always recommend seeing a doctor before doing any sort of treatment, even if it is with natural remedies, as they can be contradictory for certain diseases or with certain medications.