Natural Lettuce and Kiwi Smoothie that May Help You Lose Weight
Lettuce is considered to be one of the most important foods when trying to lose weight because it doesn’t have a lot of calories and it also has large amounts of vitamins and minerals that are essential for the body’s proper overall functioning.
It also has a lot of water and may make you feel satisfied, which keeps you from eating more than you should.
The type of lettuce that is most recommended for people on a weight loss diet is Romaine lettuce because it has many possible health benefits. In this article, we’ll provide the recipe for a delicious lettuce and kiwi smoothie that may help you jumpstart your weight loss plan.
Possible weight loss properties of lettuce
Lettuce, especially Romaine, is one of the best additions to your diet because a generous portion of lettuce contains only 17 calories. In other words, it may help you lose weight because you can eat a lot of it without consuming a lot of calories.
Its large amount of water and dietary fiber is what makes you experience that great feeling of satisfaction when you eat it. This allows you to eat only what your body truly needs, which may help you control and lose that excess weight.
Among the most important nutrients in lettuce, you can find: vitamins A, C, and K. It also has some B-group vitamins such as B1, B2, B3, B5, and B6 and minerals like copper, calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium, zinc, iron, selenium, and phosphorus.
The possible benefits of lettuce
- Lettuce has a lot of fiber, which besides being very important to help you lose weight, is excellent for helping your digestive system work properly and reduce your risk of constipation.
- Lettuce is also a great natural diuretic. It may help fight fluid retention and rid the body of toxins, which is a benefit for people that suffer from obesity.
- Lettuce is a food that makes you feel very satisfied. It’s a depurative and diuretic, may help burn fat, and may help lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
Read more here: 5 Wonderful Cruciferous Vegetables for Weight Loss
Remember that you can make many salads with lettuce by combining fruits, vegetables, or both. However, today we’ll show you how to make a lettuce and kiwi smoothie instead of a salad.
Lettuce and kiwi smoothie recipe that may help you lose weight
- 2 kiwis
- 5 spinach leaves
- 5 lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Wash and disinfect the kiwis, lettuce, and spinach leaves.
- Peel the kiwi, cut it in half, and put it in the blender along with the lettuce and spinach leaves and the honey.
- Blend on high and serve it in a large glass.
- If you want, you can strain the juice before drinking it.
One last clarification: Romaine lettuce does not necessarily need to be the only kind you eat. All lettuce varieties contain nutrients that may benefit the body.It might interest you...