The Benefits of Mint Oil for Your Body
In order to obtain all the benefits of mint oil, it's important to find an oil that's high quality and, if possible, organic.
You may have never heard of mint oil before. However, we’re sure you’ve probably tried mint tea. Do you remember how refreshing it tastes and how much it helped you with digestion? Well, mint oil also has many health benefits for your body, too.
In today’s article, we’ll tell you about the health advantages of mint essential oil. Many of them will surprise you because you probably didn’t know that mint could do so many things!
Mint Oil for Pain Relief
Mint essential oil is great for alleviating certain types of pain.
Next, we’ll look at what kinds of pain it can help with and how to effectively use it to treat it:
- Muscle pains: If you have fibromyalgia, back problems or stiffness, mint oil will soothe the area and calm the pain. You can apply it while giving yourself a gentle massage.
- Joint pain: Mint oil can also help with arthritis and bursitis. If you apply it to the affected area, it will relieve the discomfort.
- Headaches: Tension headaches or migraines are very annoying and can incapacitate the person who is suffering from them. Apply mint oil to your forehead and temples, massage the area gently, and you’ll reduce the pain.
Read this article: Speed up Migraine Relief with 6 Natural Solutions
Mint for Halitosis
Some people suffer from halitosis, which causes bad breath. This makes them very insecure and, even if they use gum or candy to cover the smell, nothing may seem to work.
Fortunately, mint is a highly-recommend natural option that can help.
- The best way to use mint essential oil to combat this problem is to make a homemade toothpaste with it.
- Add a drop of it under your tongue and then drink a glass of water afterwards to refresh your breath.
- Additionally, you can also use it as a mouthwash.
The Skin Benefits of Mind
Do you suffer from inflammation, eczema or rashes? There are people who have extremely sensitive skin, so anything they use can cause a reaction. This essential oil can help with this.
- Psoriasis and eczema: Apply the oil to your skin until it absorbs it completely. This will help calm the condition and it provide a very pleasant sensation of freshness.
- Rashes: Whether they’re caused by an allergic reaction or because you touched a harmful plant, peppermint oil cools the area and calms that unbearable itch.
- Acne: Peppermint oil has antimicrobial properties, which makes it ideal for treating conditions like acne.
- Sunburn: Peppermint oil also moisturizes the skin. So, if you apply it to your sunburn, it will help calm it, relieve pain and cool the area.
Mint as a Digestive Ally
You probably already know that mint tea can help with digestion. But did you know that mint essential oil works the same way? You can find it in capsules or you can add a drop of the oil to your tea or infusion.
However, it’s not just great for helping with indigestion problems. It may also help with bloating and can be used to treat irritable bowel syndrome.
Make sure to talk to your doctor before using it for this condition.
Did you know? The 5 Best Teas if You Have Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Say Goodbye to Mosquitoes with Mint Oil
Some people naturally attract mosquitoes, which means they will get bit a lot in the summer or if they vacation somewhere tropical. Since this can get very annoying, you should know that you can use mint oil to repel mosquitoes.
Insects hate mint, so applying this oil to your skin will keep you comfortable, smell great, and keep the mosquitoes away.
As you can see, this type of oil has many benefits that will help keep our bodies healthy. After all, it can help both internally and externally.
Using mint essential oil for everything that we mentioned in this article will keep you from having to resort to commercial products that, in some cases, have side effects. Mint oil alone will give you most of the same benefits as those unnatural products.
Did you know that mint oil could be so beneficial for your health? We encourage you to try it and discover the many benefits that essential oils can offer you.