Incredible Natural Makeup Removers Made with Aloe
Aloe vera gel is a natural ingredient that has many beneficial nutrients for your skin. In addition to that, the texture is perfect for facial care.
Did you know that aloe is one of the best natural makeup removers?
Aloe vera is a medicinal plant that contains lots of nutritional benefits. Every part of this plant is used for a different purpose, both internal and external applications.
Aloe contains more than 200 active compounds, including vitamins, enzymes, minerals, essential fatty acids, and amino acids.
The thick leaves contain a gelatinous substance that’s made up of 99% water.
The benefits of aloe
- Aloe is rich in vitamins and minerals. It contains vitamins A, C, E, folic acid, choline, B1, B2, B3, and B6. It’s also one of the few plants that contains vitamin B12.
- Aloe also packs up to 20 minerals, including calcium, iron, and magnesium.
- In addition, it contains 18 to 20 amino acids. These are the building blocks of your body’s proteins.
- It helps you lose weight, because it improves digestion naturally.
- Thanks to its alkaline properties, aloe helps balance the acid levels in your body.
- When applied to the skin, it can reduce pain, irritation, or burning sensations.
- Aloe is good for your immune system by improving the function of white blood cells, which help you fight off different diseases.
- Plus, it has benefits for your cardiovascular and circulatory systems, it provides oxygen to your bloodstream, and it helps lower cholesterol levels.
- Aloe’s cleansing properties favor intestinal function when it comes to eliminating the body’s waste products.
- It contains amino acids and essential fatty acids that lower any lipid content in the bloodstream.
Aloe vera has so many properties that can be harnessed for your health.
In today’s article, however, we want to focus on its use for your skin as a makeup remover.
Visit this article: 9 medicinal benefits of aloe vera
The properties of aloe vera for your skinMost of the beneficial properties of aloe reside in the gelatinous pulp within the leaves:
- It has regenerative, antiseptic, and healing powers. This provides both nutritional and healing benefits.
- Aloe is very good for irritations, sunburn, and rashes, removing dead skin cells and helping the layers of your skin recover.
- It’s effective for all types of injuries, both internal and external. It can also reduce the appearance of acne scars.
- Aloe is rejuvenating and increases the production of fibroplastic cells, which reside in your dermis and form collagen.
- It’s both soothing and anti-inflammatory.
- Because the gel penetrates deep into your epidermis, dermis, and hypodermis, it’s ideal for all skin types – particularly people who suffer from dryness or irritation.
- Aloe cleanses your pores and eliminates oils, so it’s also great for people who tend to suffer from acne.
- It fights loose skin, blemishes, and wrinkles.
- Aloe absorbs any toxins that may be derived from materials like PVC, paint, enamel, and more.
Advantages of masks that are made with aloe
As you can imagine, aloe masks are extremely beneficial for your skin. Here’s why:
- They aid in the removal of dead skin cells
- Aloe masks act as a natural toner
- They’re an excellent solution for people with dry skin
- These masks add softness to the face with natural hydration
- They promote a healthy appearance with natural glow.
How to remove your makeup using aloe veraAfter you’ve worn your makeup all day, you need to pamper your skin. A cleansing wash will refresh it, but first you need a makeup remover.
- You can prepare makeup removers with aloe that will make your skin look great.
- You can also prepare moist aloe wipes for removing makeup.
We recommend you read: 7 ways to look good with no makeup
1. Natural makeup remover with aloe and olive oil
Olive oil, being an oil, is ideal for removing makeup from around the eyes (even mascara).
In addition to that, it’s an excellent moisturizer. Olive oil has regenerative properties that increase your collagen production and slow the formation of wrinkles and fine lines.
- 2 tablespoons of aloe (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (16 g)
- 1 cotton pad
- Combine both ingredients in a small bowl.
- Dip the cotton pad in this mixture and apply it carefully to the area around the eyes.
- Remove your makeup gently, without rubbing.
- In more delicate areas, such as the eyelashes, use a little more cotton to facilitate removal.
2. Makeup remover made with aloe, oil, and honeyIngredients
- 1/4 cup of aloe (50 g)
- 1/4 cup of honey (84 g)
- 1 tablespoon of oil (your choice: extra virgin olive oil, jojoba, almond, avocado, apricot, argan, or coconut) (15 g)
- An airtight container for storage
- Combine the aloe, oil, and honey until they are well mixed.
- Store this makeup remover at room temperature and it will last for several months.
- To use it, take a tablespoon-full and apply it to your face. Leave it on for one minute.
- Finally, wipe your face clean with a damp washcloth.
3. Prepare moist aloe wipes
These wipes will only contain aloe and oil.
- 1/2 cup of high quality oil (extra virgin olive oil, almond, avocado, apricot, argan, coconut, jojoba) (100 g)
- 1 1/2 cups of aloe (300 g)
- 1 400 ml (2 cups) jar or bottle with an airtight lid
- 1 pack of cotton facial wipes
- Add the oil and aloe to the container.
- You can either choose a glass bottle, or a plastic bottle that you can squeeze.
- Shake the container well for a few seconds.
- Store this mixture in the refrigerator when you’re not using it.
- Apply the mixture to a wipe and use it to remove any makeup from your face.
- If you need an additional wipe, repeat this process until all traces are gone.
- Remember to shake the mixture well before each application.
4. Natural face wash using aloe and almond oilYou can either choose to use the gel from a plant, which must be used on the same day, or purchase gel from the store that will last longer.
- 5 tablespoons of aloe (commercial or fresh) (75 g)
- 1 tablespoon of almond oil (15 g)
- 1 tablespoon of natural liquid soap (10 ml)
- Mix the ingredients together very well.
- Moisten your face with warm water and perform a small circular massage to open your pores.
- Dry your face very gently.
- Apply this aloe cleanser to your face and neck using a cotton pad.
- Remove with warm water.
5. Homemade scrub with aloe and baking soda
- 3 tablespoons of aloe (45 g)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda (5 g)
- Add the aloe and baking soda to a bowl and mix until a paste forms.
- Apply this to your face and neck using a gentle circular massage.
- Repeat once or twice a week, depending on whether you have dry or oily skin.