How to Make Micellar Water at Home: Great for Your Skin!
Use micellar water in the morning to remove any excess sweat from sleep and to eliminate toxins from the skin. Micellar water is an ideal and refreshing complement to your daily skincare regimen.
Have you heard of micellar water yet? It’s the latest new cosmetic product that’s quickly becoming an indispensable component of beauty and makeup routines. If you haven’t heard of it, don’t worry – in today’s article, we’ll give you all the information you need to know about micellar water and tell you how to make it at home. Thanks to this new daily trick, you’ll look even better in the mirror. In fact, we’re sure you’ll love micellar water. It’s amazing for your skin!
What’s all this about micellar water?When it comes to cleansing or removing makeup from your skin, you’ve probably tried it all. From soap to gels to foams… but has anything removed every kind of impurity?
There’s always something left behind, and furthermore, those products sometimes leave your skin with a texture that isn’t as nice as you’d hoped. So, what could be better than simple water for cleansing, makeup removal, and overall skin care? Check out all the amazing things that micellar water can do for you:
It cleans, refreshes, tones, and moisturizes
- This product is made up of natural ingredients that not only remove any impurities from the skin but also calm and moisturize your face. When used on a daily basis, people are seeing great results – making it an indispensable resource for many women.
You might also like: The 10 Best Homemade Remedies to Moisturize Dry Skin
How do you use it?
- The best micellar water isn’t too creamy or greasy, unlike cleansing milk, for example. Instead, it’s very light and refreshing. To use it, all you need to do is apply a little to a cotton pad and wipe your entire face clean.
- Beauty experts recommend using micellar water in the mornings when you get up. That way you remove any excess oils that accumulated during the night and prepare your skin for the day’s makeup.
- You can also keep a little in your bag to use anytime, such as when you leave the gym or just want your face to feel a little more fresh and relaxed. Micellar water is also ideal for makeup removal at bedtime. With just a few dabs you can eliminate impurities and tone your skin. It only takes a few seconds, but it works wonders when you incorporate it into your daily skincare routine!
How can you make your own micellar water?
You’re going to prepare half a cup of micellar water. To do that, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 90 ml of rosewater. You can buy this ready-made in most specialty or natural stores. If you know how to make it yourself, even better, but it’s not too difficult to find and is fairly inexpensive.
- 3 ml of castor oil. This is easy to find in any specialty or natural shop. You should buy the “sulfated” variety because it enhances the benefits of micellar water thanks to its water-soluble properties. It’s effective and convenient for topical application, and it also helps remove stubborn cosmetic products, like waterproof mascara.
- Vitamin E. We’ve talked many times about the benefits of vitamin E. It helps fight the process of aging by nourishing and repairing the skin, hair, and nails. So, it’s a good idea to buy it at a pharmacy: get a bottle of gel capsules and use them for a variety of applications. For this recipe, all you need is 20 drops.
- 5 ml of rosehip essential oil. This is a wonderful product! Rosehip oil repairs, treats, hydrates, and tones the skin. It’s always a good idea to have it around the house. It’s not particularly expensive, and like the rest of these ingredients can be used in a variety of remedies.
- Get a 150 ml glass bottle to store your micellar water. This is a practical and small size that will fit easily in your handbag.
How do you make micellar water?
This is the easiest part. Just mix all your ingredients in the glass container. That’s all you need to do. Thanks to the castor oil, all the components will be combined. Also, don’t worry if it takes on a yellowish hue – that’s due to the oil and completely normal.
You’ll also notice that micellar water has a pleasant smell. Day after day, this is going to become an essential part of your beauty routine. Here’s how you can use it:
- Shake the bottle well before adding a few drops to a cotton pad.
- Apply to the face before you put on makeup in the mornings, and again at night to remove any residues and impurities. It’s great for removing mascara and other eye makeup, as well as lipstick. You’ll be free of any residual products.
- Use it anytime during the day when your skin feels tired or overly warm or dirty. You can even carry it around in a little spray bottle for easier application – micellar water is fantastic!