Maca Root for Menopause Symptoms
Until recently, not many people knew about maca root. However, it’s become very commonplace in women’s health because it boasts various benefits for pre-menopause and menopause. Thanks to these benefits, maca has found its way into many diets.
In addition, maca also has other positive effects that work for both men and women, regardless of their age.
What is Maca Root?
Originally, maca hails from Peru and grows naturally in the Andes. It’s been used in different sectors of natural medicine. Maca has become natural medicine solution for a wide-range of problems.
The plant contains B group vitamins, carbohydrates, proteins, minerals and fibers. In addition, it boasts powerful endocrine regulators as it helps treat various hormonal disorders that woman could experience.
There’s more: maca can also be helpful for athletes because it improves athletic performance and provides energy. In addition, the plant also contains other components that offers good nutrition.
How Can You Consume Maca?
You can consume this root two ways: as a powder or in pills. Regardless of your preference, both ways provide the same amount of benefits. However, the dose should be appropriate for the problems that need treatment.
Although, maca root powder is more recommended because you can control doses with more precision.
Users should start with a small dose and allow their bodies to get used to the energy that it provides.
5 Maca Remedies for Controlling Menopause Symtpoms
Discover: 7 Benefits of Maca Root for Women
Doses should vary according to age, health and characteristics of the user.
Maca contains a concentration of nutrients and phytochemicals, thus making it great for shakes or smoothies. Some people try adding fruits for a more delicious result.
- 1 tablespoon of maca root powder (15 g)
- 2 cups of water (500 ml)
- 2/3 cups of your choice of fruit (100 g)
- Dissolve the powder in cold water.
- Blend and add the fruits, if you choose to use them.
Teas that boast high levels of maca can help relieve adrenal fatigue and extreme tiredness. In addition, it can also boost energy levels in women, especially those who suffer this serious menopause symptom.
- 3 tablespoons of diced maca root (45 g)
- 1/2 cup of water (125 ml)
- First, heat up the water and add the maca pieces.
- Then, cook for 20 minutes on medium-heat. After, remove from the heat.
- Pour into a cup and sweeten to taste.
3. Spoon dessert
You can find commercial chocolate maca products that have all of the benefits of original maca root, but with special flavors. This ingredient can make a wonderful non-traditional remedy. We recommend adding it to whipped cream with cookies.
- 1/2 cup of whipped cream (125 ml)
- 3 tablespoons of chocolate maca root (45 g)
- Cookies (as many as you want)
- Fold the chocolate maca root powder into the whipped cream.
- When the cream is chocolate-colored all throughout, add the cookies.
- You should only eat this dessert once a week.
Thanks to its vitamin compounds, maca is a great ingredient for soups. Soups can be much more nutritious with maca and help with menopause symptoms.
Choose the vegetables that you prefer and add the root for an even more nutritious recipe.
- 1 kilo (two pounds) of vegetables (your preference)
- Water (enough to cover the vegetables)
- Seasoning (your preference)
- 1 tablespoon of maca root powder (15 g)
- Prepare the vegetable soup and season as you wish.
- After seasoning, add the maca powder.
- Lastly, stir well to ensure that the flavor doesn’t concentrate in just one area.
Read: Effective Natural Remedies to Treat Menopause
5. Maca beverages
For quick solutions, you can add the maca powder to any drink, even water. Adding the powder raises fatty acid and mineral levels in the body. The most popular maca drink is carrot juice.
- 1/2 cup of carrots (70 g)
- 4 cups of water (1 liter)
- 1 1/2 cup of maca root power (22 g)
- Sugar (to taste)
- Blend the carrot with the water and add sugar to taste.
- Continue to blend and add the maca powder. After, pour into a glass.
- Try to drink the carrot juice twice a day.
Maca acts as an adaptogen, which help reduce hormone levels. Its effect on hormones is what makes it so popular in women’s health. In addition, it also reduces the risks of suffering memory loss and osteoporosis, which is why maca is healthy for all consumers and not just women.