Lose Weight with Three Foods: Lemon, Oats and Spirulina
Rolled oats are a very healthy choice to feel satisfied and avoid sweet cravings. We can eat them at breakfast which will supply us with energy without gaining weight.
The secret to losing weight in a healthy and gradual way, and without feeling hungry, is to include in our daily diets some foods that will help us lose weight quickly. This is thanks to their natural properties.
In this article, we explain how you can weight loss this with these three medicinal foods: lemon, oats, and spirulina. Find out how!
Lemons are an excellent food to help you lose weight and maintain good health. Lemon works in our body as a great cleanser of toxic substances. They also help us digest and eliminate fats and better absorb nutrients thanks to its high content of vitamin C.
In addition, despite having a tart taste, lemon has the property to neutralize excess acidity once it reaches the stomach; that is, it actually acts as an alkalizer, which helps guarantee good health.
Also a great read: Discover the Health Properties of Lemons and Remedies You Can Make With Them
How do we include it in our diet?
- On an empty stomach: drink the juice of half a lemon with one or two glasses of water. This is also an ideal remedy to combat constipation.
- As a dressing in our dishes: thus reducing the amount of salt and vinegar.
- Between meals: during the day we can drink water with lemon, lightly sweetened with stevia if you wish.
Oats are a highly nutritious grain that is also very rich in fiber and other nutrients that help us feel satisfied and combat the craving for sweets. For this reason, having oatmeal for breakfast in the morning is a great choice. You can prepare it in the following ways:
- Oat beverage: you can buy it or prepare it at home, and even blend it with fruits and nuts.
- Cooked oatmeal with oat beverage: You can cook this cereal for a few minutes in its own liquid, or in milk, adding a pinch of cinnamon and ginger. It is especially recommended on cold days since it gives us a lot of energy and is warm.
- Full breakfast: oats are ideal for breakfast and leave you feeling full. Mix 2 tablespoons of ground oats with cheese, seeds, lemon juice, nuts, dried fruit, and a tablespoon of honey. We can also add fresh fruit. In addition to being a nutritious breakfast, you will note that the ingredients are all healthy, so your body will assimilate it all easily and will help you lose weight.
- In creamed vegetables: You can add a handful of rolled oats to your creamed vegetables to make them creamy and to add consistency, instead of using milk or potatoes.
Spirulina is a freshwater alga regarded as a superfood due to its excellent nutritional properties. It is rich in proteins, enzymes, chlorophyll, essential fatty acids, vitamins (A, B, E, and H) and minerals (iron, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium …).
Superfoods are ideal to help lose weight because they provide many nutrients in just a small quantity of food, and thus we can reduce the amount we eat while still feeling satisfied and without feeling hungry.
Besides making us feel satisfied, spirulina also regulates our blood sugar levels and helps combat anxiety, which is what often causes us to eat more than necessary.
In the case of spirulina, we recommend taking it in tablet form and always before meals. If you want to gain weight take it just after eating. For people who do not like its taste, we recommend you try the original recipe we have included above.
To summarize, the plan to lose weight with these foods would be the following:
- Have water with lemon juice on an empty stomach.
- Consume spirulina before breakfast.
- Eat a breakfast based on oats.
- Drink lemon water in the mid-morning.
- Have spirulina before lunch.
- Also, have a lunch that includes some oats (optional).
- Drink water with lemon in the mid-afternoon.
- Try spirulina before dinner (optional because in some cases it may give too much energy).