The secret to losing weight in a healthy and gradual way, and without feeling hungry, is to include in our daily food menus some foods which, thanks to their natural properties, will help us lose weight quickly. In this article we explain how you can achieve this with these three medicinal foods: lemon, oats and spirulina. Find out how!
Lemons are an excellent food to help you lose weight and maintain good health. Lemon works in our body as a great cleanser of toxic substances; it helps us digest and eliminate fats and better absorb nutrients thanks to its high content of vitamin C. In addition, despite having a tart taste, lemon has the property to neutralize excess acidity once it reaches the stomach; that is, it actually acts as an alkalizer, which helps guarantee good health.
How do we include it in our diet?
- On an empty stomach: drink the juice of half a lemon with one or two glasses of water. This is also an ideal remedy to combat constipation.
- As a dressing on our plates: thus reducing the amount of salt and vinegar.
- Between meals: during the day we can drink water with lemon, lightly sweetened with stevia if you wish.
Oats are a highly nutritious grain that is also very rich in fiber and other nutrients that help us feel satisfied and combat the craving for sweets. For this reason, having oatmeal for breakfast in the morning is a great choice. You can prepare it in the following ways:
- Oat beverage: you can buy it or prepare it at home, and blend it with fruits and nuts.
- Cooked oatmeal with oat beverage: in the same way as rice with milk, but using oats only. You can cook this cereal for a few minutes in its own liquid, adding a pinch of cinnamon and ginger. It is especially recommended on cold days, since it gives us a lot of energy and heat.
- Full breakfast: it is ideal for not feeling hungry in a few hours. Mix 2 tablespoons of ground oats with a little fresh cheese, seeds, lemon juice, a handful of nuts and dried fruit and a tablespoon of honey. We can also add some fresh fruit. In addition to being a nutritious breakfast, you will note that the ingredients are all healthy, so your body will assimilate it all and will not cause weight gain, but just the opposite.
- In creamed vegetables: You can add a handful of rolled oats to your creamed vegetables to give them creaminess and added consistency, instead of using milk or potatoes.
Spirulina is a freshwater alga regarded as a superfood due to its excellent nutritional properties, as it is rich in proteins, enzymes, chlorophyll, essential fatty acids, vitamins (A, B, E and H) and minerals (iron, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium …). Superfoods are ideal in weight loss diets because they provide many nutrients in just a small quantity of food, and thus we can reduce the amount we eat while still feeling satisfied and without feeling hungry.
Besides making us feel satisfied, spirulina also regulates our blood sugar levels and helps combat anxiety, which is what often causes us to eat more than necessary.
In the case of spirulina we recommend taking it in tablet form and always before meals. If you want to gain weight take it just after eating.
For people who do not like its taste, we recommend you try the original recipes which are detailed in this article.
To summarize, the plan to lose weight with these foods would be the following:
- On an empty stomach: water with lemon juice
- Spirulina before breakfast
- Breakfast based on oats
- Lemon water in the mid-morning
- Spirulina before lunch
- Lunch that includes some oats (optional)
- Water with lemon in the mid-afternoon
- Spirulina before dinner (optional because in some cases it may give too much energy)
Images courtesy of DorteF, Chinkerfly and vanessayavonne