Learn to Treat Fatty Liver Starting with Breakfast
There are hydrating drinks like dandelion and milk thistle tea that are great alternatives to unhealthy soft drinks.
Fatty liver is a common liver disease caused by unhealthy habits, particularly those related to diet.
Thanks to different methods, some effort, and some appropriate nutritional supplements, you can alleviate this inflammation and reduce fat.
Fatty liver, or hepatic steatosis, is a disease in which the fatty acids and triglycerides have accumulated in your liver. This, in turn, alters the function of its cells and causes inflammation.
While fatty liver is a benign pathology, if you don’t adequately treat it, it can lead to more serious illnesses.
It’s very important to talk to a specialist in person to get the best treatment. In the meantime, a good diet and certain healthy habits can help improve your condition.
Fatty liver is treatable is you take the right measures.
Help fight fatty liver with breakfast
The purposes of these teas for fatty liver are:
- Purify: our first duty is to detox and purify the liver from all those toxins which have saturated it. In addition, we should aim to eliminate the lipids and fatty acids that alter its basic function and cause inflammation.
- Strengthen: one of the most marvelous properties of our liver is that it has the ability to regenerate itself. It is capable of creating new, healthy and strong cells and tissue, whenever we help it to do so. Do you know how we can help our liver? By providing it with antioxidants, appropriate proteins, and minerals that will allow it to synthesize enzymes.
- Protect: the liver is one of the more important organs in our body. And yet, at the same time, it’s one of the most fragile and sensitive to a poor diet or to unhealthy life habits.
The fats and toxins present in some foods, medicines, tobacco or alcohol, end up making the liver sick. However, with an appropriate diet and supplements, we can strengthen the liver and fight fatty liver disease.
First of all, starting your breakfast with infusions can be beneficial, as they are great for purifying, strengthening and protecting your liver.
Some people recommend drinking them on an empty stomach, right after getting up. The most important thing, however, is that you consider them a complement to treatment, never as a substitute for your doctor’s advice or as a cure for any illness.
Purifying infusions for breakfast
Next, we’ll share some homemade recipes for preparing purifying infusions. These can be a great complement to your breakfast and help keep your liver healthy.
1. Purifying and protective infusion made from artichoke
According to several studies, artichoke helps purify the liver because of its various properties.
- 2 artichokes
- One liter (32 ounces) of water
- The juice of one lemon
- The first thing to do is heat the water, and then add the two artichokes. You should cook them until they are soft, and then afterward you will save the water.
- After that, put the water in a glass bottle and add the juice from one lemon. Drink this artichoke water throughout the day. The first glass you should drink on an empty stomach.
2. Purifying and protective infusion made from dandelion
- 0.7 oz of dried dandelion
- 1 glass of water (6.75 ounces)
- 0.7 oz of sliced lemon
- First, heat the water. Once it’s beginning to boil, add the dried dandelion. According to this study, dandelion has properties that protect the liver. and the sliced lemon.
- Let it cook for at least 15 minutes, and then afterward let it sit for another 10 minutes.
- Finally, strain the entire contents and drink it hot and little by little.
3. Purifying and protective infusion made from milk thistle
- 0.7 oz of milk thistle ready for infusion (you can find this at herbal stores and pharmacies)
- 1 glass of water (7 oz)
- It is as simple as it is quick. Firstly, you only have to heat the water and, once it starts to boil, add the milk thistle tea bag. According to this article from Professor Rosa Maria Martinez Espinosa at the University of Alicante, milk thistle is numerous liver-protecting components.
- Let it stand, then strain it and drink it on an empty stomach.
Keeping your liver in good condition is fundamental for your well-being. That’s why you should always practice healthy habits and watch what you eat. If you have any questions, be sure to talk to your doctor or a nutritionist.
Choose the infusion you like the best and don’t hesitate to drink it every day with breakfast. Their properties will be great for your health.