Learn to Treat Fatty Liver Starting with Breakfast
If you have a fatty liver, then don't miss out on these three infusions, which you should take on an empty stomach, in order to detox, protect and strengthen your liver.
Fatty liver is the most common liver disease that exists. Maybe you or a member of your close family already suffer from it. If you do then you’ll know how important it is to improve your daily habits and, above all, your diet. With some effort and some appropriate nutritional supplements, you can alleviate this inflammation and diminish the fat index in the liver. The effort is well worth it, as you will improve your health and quality of life. One way to treat fatty liver is by starting with breakfast, read on to find out more.
Why treat fatty liver starting with breakfast?
So, how can breakfast help us to treat fatty liver? Well, to begin with, we must keep in mind that fatty liver, or hepatic steatosis, is a disease in which the fatty acids and triglycerides have accumulated in our liver. This, in turn, alters the function of its cells and causes inflammation.
If you don’t adequately treat fatty liver, it can lead to a more serious illnesses. Treatment does not only consist of improving our diet, but also of making ourselves aware of the dangers. As a result of this we should start to change our way of life and start to improve our diet, beginning with breakfast. This is why:
A good breakfast fulfills three functions
- Purify: our first duty is to detox and purify the liver from all those toxins which have saturated it. In addition, we should aim to eliminate the lipids and fatty acids that alter its basic function and cause inflammation.
- Strengthen: one of the most marvelous properties of our liver is that it has the ability to regenerate itself. It is capable of creating new, healthy and strong cells and tissue, whenever we help it to do so. Do you know how we can help our liver? By providing it with antioxidants, appropriate proteins and minerals that will allow it to synthesize enzymes. In turn it will use these enzymes to regenerate itself.
- Protect: the liver is one of the more important organs in our body. And yet, at the same time, it’s one of the most fragile and sensitive to a poor diet or to unhealthy life habits. The fats and toxins present in some foods, medicines, tobacco or alcohol, end up making the liver sick. However, with an appropriate diet and supplements, we can treat fatty liver and reverse the process.
Purifying infusions for your breakfast
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with this disease, you shouldn’t be alarmed nor start to panic. Just as we have said before, fatty liver is a disease that can be treated, whenever you employ the appropriate measures. You need to accept that the diet you have been following until now is incorrect and damaging. Because of that you should want to eat better and, in order to do that, you must make some “drastic” changes.
First of all, you should start your breakfast with infusions, as they are great for purifying, strengthening and protecting your liver. You should always drink them on an empty stomach, right after getting up. We will give you 3 options, so that each day you can prepare the one that you like best.
1. Purifying and protective infusion made from artichoke
- 2 artichokes
- One liter (32 ounces) of water
- The juice of one lemon
- The first thing to do is heat the water, and then add the two artichokes. You should cook them until they are soft, and then afterwards you will save the water, which is incredibly good for treating fatty liver.
- After that, put the water in a glass bottle and add the juice from one lemon. Drink this artichoke water throughout the day. The first glass you should drink on an empty stomach, right after getting up. It’s very easy!
2. Purifying and protective infusion made from dandelion
- 0.7 oz of dried dandelion
- 1 glass of water (6.75 ounces)
- 0.7 oz of sliced lemon
Firstly, heat the water. Once it’s beginning to boil, add the dried dandelion and the sliced lemon. Let it cook for at least 15 minutes, and then afterwards let it sit for another 10 minutes. Finally, strain the entire contents and drink it hot and little by little.
3. Purifying and protective infusion made from milk thistle
- 0.7 oz of milk thistle ready for infusion (you can find this at herbal stores and pharmacies)
- 1 glass of water (7 oz)
- It is as simple as it is quick. Firstly, you only have to heat the water and, once it starts to boil, add the milk thistle tea bag, which is usually sold at health food stores. Let it stand, then strain it and drink it on an empty stomach.
The best food options for your breakfast
1. Fiber, basic in your everyday life
- Firstly, one bowl of oatmeal.
- Secondly, a slice of rye bread smeared with olive oil
- Thirdly, cereals from natural corn, without sugar
2. Omega 3 fatty acids, protection for the liver
3. Fruits that will help to cleanse and strengthen the liver
- And, finally, pineapple