Discover the Incredible Spoon Facial Massage
Many women are looking for ways to delay the onset of the signs of aging. Although it’s a biological process that everyone must undergo, there is a desire to avoid it and stay looking younger longer.
For everyone’s peace of mind, it’s been shown that there are certain habits and treatments that help preserve the skin’s elasticity. Also, there are treatments to increase production of the substances that skin is made of.
Using sun protection, having a diet that’s rich in antioxidants, and keeping a good beauty routine are some of the factors that will keep your skin in good condition.
In addition to that, you can consider some facial products and techniques that will help you maintain firmness and a youthful appearance. The sooner you start practicing these kinds of measures, the more likely you will be to prevent wrinkles, blemishes, and imperfections.
We know that many people can’t afford professional procedures, so today we want to share an inexpensive method to rejuvenate your skin that’s easy to perform.
This is the spoon facial massage, which focuses on treating certain parts of the face to prevent the early signs of aging.
This practice, recommended by the German makeup artist René Koch, has already become part of the beauty routine of thousands of women around the world. Find out more!
What are the benefits of the spoon facial massage?
The spoon massage is a natural therapy to restore firmness to the skin and make it glow. Most importantly, its main advantage is that you can do it at home and it doesn’t require any investment.
Among the many benefits of this treatment are:
- Removal of retained liquids in the tissues
- Reduction of dark circles and bags under the eyes
- Elimination of toxins
- Stimulation of circulation
- Greater elasticity and firmness in the face
- Prevention and reduction of wrinkles and fine lines
- Restoration of the facial structure
- Reduced inflammation
Please read: Eliminate Dark Circles
How do you perform the spoon massage?
The spoon facial massage is very easy to do and usually doesn’t take more than 10 minutes a day. The earliest results will be seen after about 12 days of regular use, although this depends on your skin type.
You will need
- Two spoons
- Rubbing alcohol (as much as required)
- 1 cup of cold water (200 ml)
- Ice cubes
- 1 cup of olive oil (224 g)
- First of all, disinfect the spoons in a little rubbing alcohol and soak them in a glass of water with ice.
- Meanwhile, while they sit for a few minutes, remove any makeup from your face, taking care to eliminate any traces of cosmetic products.
- Next, when the spoons have cooled, place them on your upper eyelids and hold them there for about 15 seconds.
- Cool the spoons again and repeat this step five times.
- Finally, repeat the same process with your lower eyelids to treat puffy eyes and dark circles.
After finishing this first portion of the massage, place them in a container with warm olive oil, at a temperature that’s comfortable for your skin.
Soak them for a few seconds and proceed to massage the main lines of your face. You should massage:
- From the top of your nose to the temples and hairline.
- Circular motions along your eyelids, from the inner corner to the outer corner.
- Above your cheeks, in your T-zone and along each side of your nose.
- From your chin and upward.
- From the base of your neck to your chin.
Want to know more? See: 8 Products You Should Never Apply to Your Face
Tips for this facial massage
Repeat these motions with the spoon between 5 and 10 times per area. Keep the spoon well oiled for the best effects. After the treatment, wait 5 minutes and rinse your skin with warm water.
Ideally, you’ll spend between 1-2 minutes massaging each region we mentioned. At first, however, you can do it in less time and gradually increase later.
This facial massage can be done at any time of the day, every day. For the best results, however, we recommend doing it just before you go to sleep.
It’s important to remember that the benefits will vary depending on your skin type, your age, and your daily habits. That’s why some people will probably see results in just a few days, while it may take a little longer for others.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
Danby, S. G., Alenezi, T., Sultan, A., Lavender, T., Chittock, J., Brown, K., & Cork, M. J. (2013). Effect of olive and sunflower seed oil on the adult skin barrier: Implications for neonatal skin care. Pediatric Dermatology. http://doi.org/10.1111/j.1525-1470.2012.01865.x