Ten Infusions that May Help Cleanse Your Body
Our body stores toxins which are produced by living cells or organisms such as animals, bacteria, and other biological organisms. These toxins have the ability to cause both mild and serious illnesses. If you want to cleanse your body to rid it of all these toxins, read on!
There are two types of toxins: the exogenous toxins that get in our body while breathing, as in the case of contamination, through the skin, and through the digestive tract; and the endogenous toxins that are produced by the same body, due to intestinal bacteria, free radicals, parasites, or stress and anxiety.
It’s necessary to eliminate toxins in order to stay healthy. Our own body is responsible for getting rid of them but, in some cases, it isn’t enough. Having excess toxins may cause significant fatigue, stress, and allergies.
Fortunately, there are many plants that may assist you in the detox process. In this article, we list ten plants that you can use to make natural infusions that may help cleanse your body and how to prepare them.
Infusions that may help cleanse your body
Mistletoe is a purifying plant that may help eliminate toxins and increase the production of urine.
Read more here: 3 Detox Juices to Cleanse the Body
- Boil one liter of water and add two mistletoe leaves to it.
- After boiling, pour it through the strainer and let it rest before drinking it.
- If you find it very bitter, you can sweeten it with a bit of honey.
Artichoke may assist in renal elimination and digestive function. It’s one of the best detox plants, which is why it’s also recommended for overweight people.
This plant is also recommended for diabetics since it contains inulin instead of starch. It’s also hypoglycemic, meaning it may help reduce excess sugar in the blood.
- To prepare this infusion, pour a glass of water into a container along with 3 artichoke leaves.
- Boil it for a few minutes, take out the leaves or pour it through a strainer, let it cool slightly and drink it.
- Do this every day so your body can benefit from the properties of this plant.
Green tea is an amazing diuretic that may also help reduce cholesterol levels.
- Put 3 green tea leaves in a cup of boiled water, let it rest, and drink it.
Blueberry infusions are very effective because they may help reduce fluid retention. It’s recommended for people who suffer from urinary tract infections.
Although this isn’t actually a plant, its infusion may help stimulate digestion and decrease appetite.
- Add a few slices of a grapefruit and boil them in water.
- Then, remove the wedges and drink the infusion.
Thyme may help cleanse the body and improve the digestive system. If you suffer from severe menstrual cramps, it’s also a great ally against them. It’s also used to help reduce cellulite and in weight loss.
- Take a spoonful of dried thyme and add it in boiling water.
- Let the infusion rest and then drink it.
Fennel may help cleanse the kidneys and it’s an excellent diuretic plant.
- Boil fennel stalks and leaves in water, strain the infusion, and then drink it.
Dandelion may help purify the liver and boost the digestive system.
Discover: Body Cleansing Smoothie
- Add a tablespoon of dandelion in a cup of boiling water.
- Let it rest and strain it before drinking.
It may help rid the body of waste.
- In a liter of water, add two tablespoons of parsley leaves and simmer for five minutes.
- Strain the infusion and drink constantly throughout the day.
Due to its cleansing properties, celery may help eliminate impurities and toxins. It may also aid in weight loss and cleanse the liver.
- Boil a few celery stalks in a liter of water.
- Drink constantly throughout the day.
Most of these plants can be found in the supermarket. Also, most of the infusions listed above may help with weight loss, but they need to be accompanied by a balanced diet.
If you’re pregnant, it’s best not to drink these infusions. In addition, although some of them are to be consumed constantly, do not abuse them because they can have a laxative effect.