Incredible Benefits of Turmeric Juice
Turmeric juice can be very effective at fighting diseases like arthritis and even slow the advance of Alzheimer's thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties
Turmeric is a fundamental ingredient in Indian culture as well as the cuisine in other Asian countries.
Turmeric also plays an important role in natural, alternative medicine along with its role in the kitchen.
Turmeric juice is said to contain more than 300 kinds of antioxidants, along with many other nutrients.
Turmeric juice for a healthy life
An effective medicinal beverage can be obtained from turmeric roots. These roots have a bitter and slightly spicy taste, similar to raw ginger.
Although dried turmeric can be used, it’s best to get juice from the roots of a fresh plant.
Before making the juice, you have to thoroughly wash the pieces of root, then peel them.
See also: Turmeric Against Aches and Cancer
Benefits of turmeric juice for different illnesses
- Patients who suffer from pancreatic stones should avoid turmeric due to its anticoagulant effects, among other things.
- Turmeric yellow is a component of turmeric that has good antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which can reduce arthritis pain.
- These active ingredients offer more benefits than anti-inflammatory medication.
- Turmeric juice is effective in fighting both arthritis pain and swelling.
- It’s also good for symptoms related to rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
A natural anti-carcinogen
Turmeric juice also has properties that prevent the spreading of cancerous cells.
Turmeric eliminates free radicals, which minimizes damage to cellular membranes.
This allows it to prevent some types of cancer, such as prostate, breast, lung, liver, skin and even colon cancer.
Turmeric juice is also very good at preventing Alzheimer’s disease.
As we all know, this terrible disease causes a gradual loss of memory.
Its anti-inflammatory properties allow it to block COX-2 enzymes, which are responsible for neural inflammation.
Turmeric juice also contributes to better oxygen flow to the brain, which helps slow down the advance of Alzheimer’s.
Turmeric juice regulates blood sugar level, which makes it a good remedy for those who suffer from diabetes.
Turmeric is very effective at treating stomach acid, protecting against excess toxins, fighting psoriasis, healing damaged skin and treating depression.
It’s also good at fighting the aging process and improves liver health.
How do I take it?
Turmeric can be consumed as a powder or via turmeric juice.
We can add it to soup, tea, smoothies, milk, bread rice, various stews and desserts when we cook.
We recommend reading: Detox Your Body with This Ginger, Turmeric, and Cayenne Pepper Beverage
How to prepare turmeric juice
The following is one of many recipes for turmeric juice that is healthy as well as delicious.
- 5 inches of turmeric root (12 cm)
- 5 peeled tamarinds
- 2 cups of water (500 ml)
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 teaspoons of honey (50 g)
- A jar or another container with a lid
- First peel the turmeric. You’ll need gloves, because your hands may turn yellow.
- Open the tamarinds and remove the roots inside.
- Fill a pot with water and boil the peeled turmeric until cooked.
- Using less water, cook the peeled tamarinds as well until their texture is like marmalade.
You’ll see the seeds come out.
- Leaving a little water and discarding the rest, blend the turmeric.
- Strain the tamarind and add to the mashed turmeric.
- Strain two lemons and add the juice to the mix.
- Also add some honey to sweeten.
- Put it all in a jar and store in the refrigerator for at least three or four days.
- Use this juice to add to shakes, soups, sauces, etc.
Some Side Effects
Drinking a little turmeric juice on an empty stomach in the morning is good for everyone.
However, its particular properties may upset some stomachs.
Drink in moderation, as excessive consumption of turmeric juice can cause stomach ulcers.