How to Remove Unwanted Leg Hair with this Natural Method
For aesthetic reasons, most women, and increasingly more men, seek to remove unwanted leg hair to keep their legs waxed, smooth, and free of imperfections.
Although body hair is part of the nature of all human beings, it has long been considered unsightly on legs. Fortunately, many hair removal methods have been designed to remove those annoying little hairs to improve the appearance of the skin.
The problem is that some of these methods cause unwanted side effects or, failing that, cause it to reappear very quickly and thicker. Because of this, many people are looking for alternative solutions to accomplish the same task without irritating or causing changes in the skin.
Among these, we have leg wax, made with all-natural ingredients whose properties avoid some of the side effects of traditional ones, such as irritation. Here we’ll tell you all about it and how you can prepare it at home to start using it.
A natural method to remove unwanted hair from the legs
This natural method to remove hair from the legs is obtained from a combination of organic bee honey with traditional sugar.
As it’s a sticky mixture, its application removes hair from the roots and leaves a smooth appearance that lasts up to two weeks. It’s much cheaper than the wax used in professional beauty salons and, in fact, those who have tried it say it’s less painful.
It can remove even the shortest hairs and, thanks to its exfoliating qualities, it helps to eliminate dead skin. Its high concentration of antioxidant substances helps to keep the skin young. The absence of artificial substances or chemical additives ensures greater protection for sensitive skin.
The moisturizing compounds in honey easily penetrate the skin, creating a protective barrier against aggressions and the natural loss of oils. In addition, the antibacterial properties of this compound help to prevent the onset of infections according to a publication by the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology.
How to prepare this natural wax to remove unwanted leg hair?
To prepare this natural wax against unwanted leg hair we’re going to use 100% organic honey, in order to enjoy its qualities on the skin.
Although cheap and processed presentations can give good results, they don’t provide the same properties from a nutritional point of view. Be sure to purchase the best quality ingredients to be more satisfied with the results of this depilatory method.
- 6 tablespoons of water (60 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of organic honey (50 g)
- 1 cup of sugar (200 g)
- Put the sugar in a pot, add the water, and heat it over low heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
- After obtaining a syrup, add the organic honey and continue stirring for 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Be sure to keep an eye on the mixture, as sugar tends to burn easily.
- Stir the contents well and, when it turns a golden color, remove it and let it stand for another 8 minutes.
- Before the paste cools, pour it into a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- In the refrigerator it can last up to 30 days; however, as it tends to solidify, it’ll be necessary to heat it in a bain-marie before each use.
How to apply
- For normal skin, it’s advisable to exfoliate before waxing.
- On the other hand, if the skin is too sensitive, it’s recommended to use a little talcum powder so that the product doesn’t adhere too much.
- Clean and dry your legs so that there are no problems when applying the product.
- Next, coat your hands with almond oil and take the amount of wax needed for waxing.
- Be sure to apply it in the opposite direction of hair growth, covering it with a thin, even layer.
- Wait until it dries on the skin, or use a thin cloth to remove it the traditional way.
- If you decide to wait, the paste will harden and you can give it a tug in the direction of the hair growth.
- Repeat the same procedure with the other leg and don’t forget to apply aloe vera gel to refresh. This plant has anti-inflammatory properties according to multiple studies, so it could help prevent the appearance of irritation after waxing.
- If you have any wax residue, you can wash it off with warm water.
Have you ever tried an alternative hair removal method? Now that you know this one for your legs don’t hesitate to try it at home.
You’ll love the results!
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Burlando B, Cornara L. Honey in dermatology and skin care: a review. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2013 Dec;12(4):306-13.
- Sánchez M, González-Burgos E, Iglesias I, Gómez-Serranillos MP. Pharmacological Update Properties of Aloe Vera and its Major Active Constituents. Molecules. 2020 Mar 13;25(6):1324.
- Funes A. Cómo depilarse con miel en casa, un método natural para una piel suave. El Español. 2021. Disponible en: https://www.elespanol.com/como/depilarse-miel-casa-remedio-casero-natural-eliminar-pelo-cuerpo/545695994_0.amp.html.