Discover the Benefits of Artichoke Water
Have you heard of the benefits of artichoke water?
Artichokes are a vegetable with a very high content of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that are great for your health. They’ve always been considered a medicinal plant and are one of the most complete foods from a nutritional point of view.
It’s been shown that these unusual looking vegetables pack a significant amount of fiber, carbohydrates, protein, and in smaller amounts, essential fatty acids.
Thanks to this, in recent years more and more people worldwide are choosing to eat artichokes, particularly to supplement weight loss diet plans.
Another benefit of artichokes is that they’re a natural detox agent. When you eat them, you help facilitate the removal of harmful toxins that can alter the normal functioning of your body’s organs.
In today’s article, we want to share some of the main health benefits of artichokes and the benefits of artichoke water, as well as teach you how to make it so you can enjoy it to the fullest.
The Amazing Benefits of Artichoke Water and Artichokes
They reduce blood sugar levelstransform sugars into energy.
Inulin also helps regulate your insulin levels, improving the health of patients suffering from Type II diabetes.
They control cholesterol levels
The high content of fiber, vitamin C, and phytosterols in artichokes can help reduce the levels of bad cholesterol in the blood while promoting the generation of good cholesterol.
In addition to this, they contain cinarina, a substance that stimulates the secretion of bile. Then, it aids in the digestion of fats and prevents them from accumulating in the body.
In addition, artichokes contain flavonoids, which fight inflammation and help reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease.
They promote the elimination of uric acidimproves your circulation and facilitates the elimination of uric acid.
This also acts as a powerful diuretic by removing excess liquids retained in your tissues and fighting symptoms of inflammatory diseases like gout and arthritis.
They improve liver health
Because they favor the breakdown of fats, artichokes help protect your liver and improve its overall function. In fact, they’re specifically recommended for people suffering from cirrhosis or other liver problems.
When you drink artichoke water, it promotes liver recovery and provides the essential nutrients this organ needs to restore itself to its optimal function.
They help digestionsupports your body’s absorption of nutrients
Plus, artichokes help fight constipation by facilitating regular bowel movements. This might seem contradictory, but artichoke is also a great remedy for diarrhea.
Do you want to learn more? Read:
How do you make artichoke water?This retains most of their beneficial properties
The most important thing is that you choose healthy artichokes, noting the size, the leaves, and the buds, which should be well-defined and very green.
Here’s how to make this recipe to harness the benefits of artichoke water:
- 3 medium sized artichokes
- 1 liter (about one quart) of water
- First, wash the artichokes thoroughly, remove the stems, and cut off the ends.
- Then, add them to a point of water and boil for about 15 minutes.
- After, remove from heat and let stand, covered.
How to consume it
- Drink one cup of artichoke water before you eat breakfast and lunch.
- Do this for three weeks in a row, or longer if you desire.
- You can consume artichoke water warm or cooled.
- In addition, if you prefer to prepare it ahead of time, you can store it in the fridge for up to a week.
- People who are hypersensitive to artichokes should be very careful when drinking artichoke water.
- It’s not recommended for people who have any kind of obstruction or gallbladder problem.
- Don’t drink too much, as it can lead to gas or flatulence.
- If you’re currently taking medication, it’s a good idea to talk with your doctor first to rule out any adverse side effects.
Of course, you must remember that the effects won’t be immediate, so you need to be continuous in your consumption before you begin to notice and feel the difference and notice the benefits of artichoke water.