How to Prepare Pineapple to Relieve Constipation
Pineapple is a fruit with innumerable benefits: it’s filling, detoxifying and even helps to relieve constipation.
The juice of this fruit acts as a natural laxative, which serves as an alternative to replace products that can cause abdominal pain, diarrhea and gas.
To increase the frequency of stools it is also advisable to vary your diet, opt for a more active lifestyle and drink at least two liters of water per day.
However, these are not all the benefits of pineapple.
This fruit contains bromelain, a component that basically serves to improve digestion and increase intestinal transit.
It helps relieve constipation and, in addition, possesses an abundance of dietetic fibers.
A versatile fruit
The natural enzymes found in pineapple juice are also important in helping your intestines to function at their best.
Similarly, it’s rich in vitamin C, which helps the body become more resistant to infections and diseases.
- If you have trouble going to the bathroom normally, you can try eating a cup of pineapple cut into cubes daily.
- With this, you will begin to clear your bowel and you will stop constipation.
Pineapple is safe for children who suffer from mild constipation. In this case, it’s recommended to drink half a cup (125 ml) of pineapple juice every morning.
It’s important to emphasize that all these properties are obtained from natural juice: the processed ones do not have the same effect because they contain preservatives and added sugar that cause their power to decrease.
One cup (250 ml) of pineapple juice gives the body about 0.5 grams of fiber. Therefore, when constipation is severe, it is recommended to drink up to one liter a day to eradicate it completely.
How to prepare pineapple for the best results
For pineapple to have the effect we want, you should consume it the following ways:
- Take the pineapple peels and put them in a one liter jug of water.
- Leave it overnight in the fridge and drink at least two glasses the next morning.
- This drink allows your intestines to work and is an excellent ally for digestion. In addition, it has diuretic properties.
- As mentioned above, you can eat it in cubes or eat 3 medium slices throughout the day.
- This way, you can guarantee that your evacuations begin to regularize.
You can try drinking eight glasses of juice a day, if you have a strong case of constipation.
On the contrary, if it’s moderate, one glass of it a day will be enough to solve the problem.
The recipe to prepare it is the following:
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 1 lemon
- 2 slices of pineapple
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds (10 g)
- First, put the sesame seeds on low heat so they don’t burn and place them aside to cool.
- Pour the water, the lemon with the peel, the pineapple and the sesame seeds into the blender.
- Process until all the ingredients are well mixed.
We recommend you read: Treat Constipation with this Natural Flex Remedy
Despite being natural, healthy, safe, and delicious, pineapple juice can cause dehydration due to its diuretic properties.
To prevent problems in the future, it;s advisable to drink the equivalent amount of water to the amount of juice consumed per day.
Eating pineapple in pieces should only be done in moderation, since eating too many slices can cause the tongue and lips to scald or erode.
In fact, some people have sensitivity to this fruit.
Pineapple juice has a high level of acidity. If you have reflux problems or gastric conditions sensitive to acidic foods, drinking pineapple juice can cause or worsen the feelings of discomfort, so it would be advisable to avoid it.
In this case, we recommend other fruits that can help fight constipation:
- Blackberries and raspberries: They provide your body with 8 grams of fiber per cup, this helps maintain good intestinal function.Keep in mind that it’s recommended to consume between 20 and 30 grams of fiber a day.
- In addition, they are low in calories, and moisturize and protect the body from free radicals.
- Plums : Both fresh and dried, plums improve bowel movement and provide a large amount of fiber.