How to Paint Your Nails Without Painting Your Fingers
Do you like to paint your nails? A lot of people do! After all, it’s a great way to add to your look, experiment, and try new and beautiful designs.
However, a lot of people tend to paint their fingers on accident because they can’t stay inside the lines. In this article, we’ll tell you how to paint your nails without getting any on your skin.
How to Paint Your Nails without Painting Your Fingers
Being able to paint your nails without marking up your fingers can be difficult. This is very common for those who have just started painting their own nails (as well as for those who can’t stay still, of course).
Now, as for everything in life, there’s a solution. By using some easy and practical tips, you can learn how to paint your nails without staining your fingers.
Do you want to find out how?
We’ll tell you.
1. Use the Right Technique
The first recommendation has to do with your painting technique.
- First, you should place a drop of paint on the nail using the brush. Do it in the center, close—but not too close—to the cuticle.
- Then, press the brush onto it—the bristles will move to the side—and try to reach the edge of the cuticle very gently. Then, tilt the nail slightly and repeat the process to paint sideways.
- For the second coat, you shouldn’t add another drop of polish, since it won’t be added to the nail and that’s when people often end up getting paint on their fingers. Instead, get some polish on the brush and gently spread it vertically over the nail.
We recommend using fine brushes for this procedure. That’s because, when you press down on the nail with fine brushes, they spread out. This gives it a circular shape that will help you reach the edges.
Read this article: Natural Remedies for Yellow Nails
2. Use Vaseline
This second recommendation is an excellent complement to the first, especially if you’re just starting out.
All you have to do is apply the vaseline around the edges of your nails to keep the paint from sticking and staining your fingers.
Then, you’ll only have to deal with whatever is left around the edges, if there is any.
Vaseline makes it very easy to remove the nail polish from your fingers so they don’t get stained.
3. Liquid Latex Can Help You Paint Your Nails
Professional manicurists often use this product. However, you can easily use it at home as well so that you don’t stain your fingers when painting your own nails.
Basically, what liquid latex does is create a thin layer on the skin that prevents the paint from sticking. Then, after painting the nails, you can remove the excess paint with ease in a matter of seconds.
4. Homemade Preparation
Have you heard about this homemade trick that will help you avoid getting nail polish on your fingers?
It’s extremely easy to prepare. You’ll only need water, glue, acetone and an empty nail polish container.
- First, put the glue in the jar, along with some acetone.
- Then, add a few tablespoons of water—there shouldn’t be too much liquid.
- Apply it to the sides of your fingers to prevent the paint from sticking.
As with the previous products, using this preparation before you paint your nails will keep the polish from sticking to your fingers.
As you can see, with only a few ingredients, you can save yourself the trouble of cleaning the paint off your fingers after painting your nails!
5. Use Glue When You Paint Your Nails
Did you know you can even use the same glue that used to get stuck on your hands in grade school to replace the other products?
You just have to put some of it on your fingers, let it dry and then paint your nails without worrying about staining your fingers. It’s a practical and effective solution!
Finally, we recommend taking your time when doing this task. Think of it as more of an enjoyable and relaxing time. If you’re in a hurry and want to finish as soon as possible, you won’t be able to do it without getting paint on your fingers, unless you’re an expert.It might interest you...