Semi-Permanent Nails, a New Trend
If you’re the kind of woman who likes to have your nails painted and manicured, you’ve probably heard about the latest trend in nail salons. Over time, calendars get filled up with less and less time for appointments, and it takes time and some skill to maintain beautiful and elegant nails.
With this new polish you can have a semi-permanent finish that will be the envy of all your friends. Therefore, not having enough time on your hands won’t be the reason you can’t keep your nails looking great. Today we’ll tell you more about this trend in nail care.
What are semi-permanent nails?
This is a new technique that will keep your nails looking perfect for 20 days, due to more durable nail polish that won’t break or chip. The biggest difference it has with traditional manicure is that the polish is made up of a gel that adapts to the growth of your nails, making it look good for longer period of time.
You can apply this type of polish at home or have it done in a nail salon where they offer a “gel nails” service.To apply it, follow the early steps as if it were a traditional manicure.
- Disinfect your nails and the cuticles.
- File your nails.
- Clean the cuticles and remove any dead skin or hangnails.
- Apply a clear base coat/hardener polish.
- Wait for it to dry and then apply the special polish.
- Add a clear coat for shine on top of the polish and use a light to help it dry.
Also remember: the polish used in this process is stronger than normal nail polish, so in order to remove it you’ll need a special product to avoid leaving any traces of residues.
How to apply semi-permanent nails yourself
Of course you’ll need all the tools: the polish, manicure tools, and an LED lamp. One of the advantages of this type of manicure is the long time it will last without you worrying about how your nails look. It also won’t lose its shine and looks brand new for at least two weeks.
Follow all the steps and tips provided on this article so you can do this yourself, instead of paying a professional.
Steps to follow
- Apply the base coat
- Apply two layers of color.
- Finally, apply the final clear coat.
The first difference you’ll notice is that after each application of nail polish, you’ll need to dry your nails with a lamp. You should also wait about 30 more seconds before continuing with the next layer.
Once you’ve applied all the layers and they’re completely dry, paint on a little rubbing alcohol to seal the polish thoroughly. The entire process can last about half an hour.
How long do semi-permanent nails last?
There is no guarantee for how long they’ll last – everyone does different things with to their hands that can affect the quality of their manicure.
Two weeks are generally guaranteed, however it all depends on a few aspects that you shouldn’t forget:
- How quickly your nails grow
- The kind of work you do with your hands on a regular basis
- The quality and texture of your nails – some people have harder or softer nails
Read this article too: Home remedies for moisturized nails
Here are some practical tips for nail care if you decide to apply this type of gel manicure.
- If you bite your nails, it’s best to avoid the use of gel nail polish
- Moisture that builds up in the nail can cause fungus to grow
- Don’t use this type of polish if you have very thin or weak nails
- If it’s your first time, go see a professional at a nail salon to evaluate your nails and see if it’s a good option for you
- It’s important to properly remove all of the enamel when you are ready to take it off
- The whole process can cost about $80
As you can see, there are many different things you should know about this new trend. Your nails are a complement to your beauty and style. So, if you’re curious about semi-permanent nail polish, then go to your local stylist or try it yourself at home.