How to Look Younger with a New Haircut and How to Properly Take Care of it
Your hair can make such an impact on how you look. The way you decide to style it can determine whether you look younger or older.
When you want to change it up and get a better look, it’s essential to keep your hair healthy, shiny, and nourished. It can make you look and feel great.
You can look younger and healthier with something as simple as a haircut that goes with your face and style. We’ll give you a few examples:
How to cut your hair according to your face shape
Choose a cut that will give focus to your forehead and temple area. Don’t go for one to your chin, since that can make your face look even more round.
- That’s why we suggest getting your hair cut to between your jaw and clavicle.
- Try a layered cut: with pieces that are a bit longer, and bangs.
If you have a square face, it’s best to stay away from very straight cuts, as these accentuate the shape. The idea is to soften these prominent lines.
- To do so, we recommend getting a cut with asymmetrical bangs, one side longer than the other.
- Soft, wavy hair is also great for a square face.
Take a look at this article: How to Make 5 Creams to Straighten Your Hair Naturally without Damaging it
A haircut that suits a long face is soft bangs. We advise having a hairstyle with layers, not too long.
- We suggest layers that go to your shoulders.
- Try a nice bed-head look with soft waves that will give you a youthful look.
If you have a heart-shaped face, you’ll look good with side bangs. They will soften your features because this shape means the upper part of your face is wider than the lower part.
- The bangs shouldn’t be very short. Short bangs don’t go well with this face shape.
- The best thing to do is to get your hair cut dry, not damp, because hair tends to shrink as it dries.
This face shape looks great in any haircut.
The pixie cut
This kind of cut is very much in style, and of course quite daring.
- The main thing that makes it so attractive is the easy, young, fresh air it gives you.
- It lets your neck show and accentuates your features.
- It doesn’t matter what hair color you have. Anything from very light, honey-colored hair to the darkest tones work well with this cut.
The bob is a short style that reaches to about jaw-length. Sometimes it goes with bangs.
- This kind of haircut is rejuvenating, inviting you to play around with bangs, layers, or clean lines.
- You can also go with any hair color with this haircut.
Medium long hair
This is a popular look. A layered version is also great if you want to look younger.
- Layered medium-length hair is ideal for bringing focus to your face and softening harsh features.
- Depending on your face shape, pick a medium-length haircut or something a bit longer. They all look good.
The advantage of this cut is that it doesn’t matter what kind of hair you have, whether straight, curly, or wavy, it is a safe bet.
Tips for choosing a youthful haircut
It’s always fun to switch up your look and make it fit your mood, fashion, or personal style. But when it comes time for the haircut, it’s good to consider whether it will make you look younger or not.
Below, we’ll give you some tips on how to make sure that you’re choosing a youthful cut.
- Don’t get stuck on just one haircut. Remember that the haircut that looked good on you when you were younger may not do you any favors now. It’s a good idea to make at least a small change every year.
- You can wear your hair long, as long as it doesn’t go beyond your waist. Anything longer and might make you appear older. If you have a lot of hair, try different lengths of layers. That will reduce the volume a bit and make you look younger.
- We don’t recommend an unnatural golden blond or dying it a very dark color after your 40’s. To look younger, try a natural dark brown, going a shade or two lighter, or getting highlights.
- Be careful with what hair products you use. Using the right shampoo and conditioner for your hair type is a basic rule for keeping your hair clean, hydrated, and healthy. Try to keep from overloading your hair with hairspray, creams, and other heavy products. Don’t overuse your hair dryer or straightener, either.
- Blond hair looks good and is OK to go with as long as it’s not too light. Your ideal hair color should go well with your skin color. Choose a blond shade that fits your skin, but don’t use one that washes you out.
Keep your hair healthy and young-looking by using these masks
Aloe vera and beer mask
This mask made from aloe vera and beer will hydrate and nourish your hair, giving it a beautiful shine. The mask can be used three times a week.
- 1/2 cup of alcohol-free beer (100 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel (30 g)
- Add the ingredients to a container and mix well.
- Then apply the mask to damp hair and cover with a shower cap.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes.
- After this time, wash your hair like normal.
Read this too: Combat Hair Loss with this Milk Treatment
Avocado, almond oil, and mayonnaise hair mask
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise (36 g)
- 2 drops of almond oil
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Once a smooth paste is formed, apply it to damp hair.
- Let it sit 20 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
- Repeat twice a week.
Coconut oil and olive oil hair mask
This is a protein-rich, restorative mask. coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of organic virgin coconut oil (45 g)
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (32 g)
- 1 packet of flavorless gelatin (12 g)
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Once combined, apply the past to your hair (this time, dry), and cover with a shower cap to keep the oil in and create heat.
- Let it sit 15 to 20 minutes.
- After this time, wash your hair with natural shampoo.