How to Know If I Have Gallstones

Gall bladder stones can appear as the result of poor eating habits, high cholesterol or other conditions, and they tend to be asymptomatic.

Gallstones sometimes occur without any evident symptoms, and we just keep on with our regular life without knowing that anything is wrong. Poor nutrition can be the cause of this condition, so let’s learn how to recognize this problem and avoid it ahead of time.

Symptoms of gallstones

Liver pain

Have you ever asked yourself what gallstones are? They are hard, little crystals that block your gallbladder from carrying out its most basic functions. They appear in your body because of changes in bile, infection, small problems in the gallbladder’s capacity to drain, or because of high cholesterol or poor eating habits.

Many people, in the end, have to have surgery in order to remove these stones, and since this problem is quite common, we should try to prevent it, if possible. That’s why we’re going to show you a few of the main symptoms of gallstones, although we should clarify that doctors say that about 40% of cases occur with absolutely no symptoms. But in case you fall into the other 60%, let’s take a look at those symptoms.

1. Type of pain

The pain appears suddenly and lasts for just a few seconds. It is located in the upper right part of the abdomen or between the shoulder blades. These are the first symptoms and signs that the stone is moving around and starting to block your cystic ducts or bile ducts.

2. Bloated stomach

Don’t worry. Obviously, it is quite common for stomachs to bloat without having anything to do with gallbladder stones. However, if you do suffer from bloating, think about the following questions: Do you experience bloating every day? Is it almost always right after you eat? The best thing you can do is record  your symptoms. If you are constantly bloated and also experience some of the other symptoms explained in this article, then you should consider the possibility of gallbladder stones.




3. Digestion problems

When someone is suffering from gallbladder stones, they tend to have small or even noticeable digestion problems, such as indigestion, gases, burping, inflamed intestines, abdominal cramping, feeling sick after eating and, above all, a low tolerance for fatty foots. They fill you up and upset your stomach… that is very characteristic of gallbladder stones.

4.Physical symptoms

These symptoms do not occur in all patients, but if they do, you should pay attention: your skin may become slightly yellow due to the bile, and you may also see the white part of your eyes start to turn a bit yellow.

5. Changes in feces and urine

You should keep in mind that the gallbladder is responsible for producing bile, processing fats and aiding in digestion. If you have a problem in your gallbladder, for example, if you have stones blocking up your gallbladder, this will affect your entire digestive and excretory system. In terms of feces, it is quite common for people who suffer from this condition to note whiter, more gelatinous feces. Your urine, on the other hand, may appear darker than normal. You should try to keep all of these factors in mind.

Tips to protect your gallbladder

Lemon and olive oil cure

If you already have gallbladder stones, suddenly adopting a healthy diet is not going to get rid of them. You should always allow your doctor to decide whether or not you need surgery to remove these stones. However, if you are not suffering from any symptoms yet, you should try to prevent this condition from affecting you by following these tips. They work for about 60% of cases.

  • Before going to bed and right when you wake up in the morning, take one tablespoons of olive oil and three drops of lemon juice. This remedy is great for protecting and purifying your gallbladder.
  • Natural beet and apple juice. This super healthy juice is great for drinking at dinner time. You should use a green apple and a medium-sized beet, cut them into pieces and blend them together with a cup of water. Drink this three times per week and it will surely be of help to you and your gallbladder.
  • Brewer’s yeast: you can include this substance in your smoothies or juices, for example. It has great benefits because it is a good source of inositol, which is perfect for protecting your gallbladder and liver.

If you do start to experience symptoms, remember that you should go see your doctor. They will be able to do a few tests and determine whether or not you are suffer from gallbladder stones.