Homemade and Easy to Make Seafood Soup Recipe
Seafood is exquisite, nutritious, and highly recommended due to the vitamins, minerals, and elements that only the sea can offer. Discover an amazing seafood soup recipe here!
We’d like to share a recipe for all the seafood lovers out there. Surprise your family with this delicious homemade seafood soup recipe. The best part about it is that you can tweak it and add more of your favorite ingredients!
Don’t hesitate to try it out!
Seafood soup is especially relevant in countries that have a lot of fish and seafood.
This is a culinary preparation where you mix different types of seafood to create a stock. It can also be prepared as a stew by adding some vegetables.
It’s very popular in countries with maritime coasts. However, some countries add other types of shellfish such as clams or octopus.
This dish’s history isn’t clear. However, it’s said that it was first seen in the mid-nineteenth century on the coast of France. It has become popular in many coastal countries.
The Health Benefits of Seafood Soup
Seafood soup is beneficial and highly recommended for people with iron deficiency. Among its nutritional properties we find:
- It’s a great source of vitamin B12, a component that gives you enough energy to stay active.
- It’s rich in iron, magnesium, and calcium, essential minerals that our bodies need to work in optimal conditions.
- It provides omega-3 fatty acids.
- Seafood soup also contains vitamin A, which helps keep your eyes healthy.
As you can see, there are more than enough health reasons to try this recipe out. If you’ve never prepared it, don’t worry! You’ll see it’s very easy to make.
This article may interest you: How to Know if You Have a Vitamin B12 Deficiency
How to Make Seafood Soup
A tastier way to make it is to prepare a homemade fish stock by mixing different ingredients from the sea.
The key to seafood soup is the fish stock. You can buy it at any grocery store or supermarket. If you prefer to make it yourself, just make sure to use the right ingredients.
If this is your first time making this kind of soup, don’t worry! We’ll explain everything step-by-step. We’ll also offer some tips if you want to make it in different ways.
- 1 cup of shrimp (120 g)
- 1 small hake (2 kg)
- 2 cups of prawns (240 g)
- 3 garlic cloves (5 g)
- 1/2 a leek (60 g)
- 3 potatoes (600 g)
- 1 cup of clams (120 g)
- 1/2 a carrot (70 g)
- 1 tomato (100 g)
- 2 cups of fish stock (500 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (30 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of salt (15 g)
- 1 tablespoon of white pepper (15 g)
- 1/2 a red pepper (70 g)
This article may interest you: Delicious Stewed Squid Recipes
To make this soup, you simply have to combine seafood with vegetables.
- First of all, clean the hake and cut it into medium pieces.
- Shuck the clams and store both the clams and the hake in the refrigerator.
- Keep in mind that it’s best if the seafood is fresh and not frozen so it’ll take less time to cook.
- Then, peel and cut all the vegetables into small pieces and sauté them with the garlic in a pan with just a little extra virgin olive oil.
- After that, add the seafood, starting with the shrimp and hake. Add the clams last. Sauté until all the ingredients are golden brown.
- Next, place a pot of fish stock over medium heat and add all the previously prepared ingredients.
- Add the salt and white pepper, cover, and let the seafood cook for at least 30 to 40 minutes.
- Finally, remove from heat, let cool slightly, and serve. You can decorate with some chopped cilantro leaves.
We hope you enjoy this tasty seafood soup!
- To make the fish stock yourself, all you need is one liter of water, a few bay leaves, parsley, salt, pepper, and thyme. Place all the ingredients in a pot over medium heat until it boils.
- For the potatoes and carrots to be more tender, add them to the stock instead of sautéing them with the other vegetables.
- You can also use other types of seafood such as octopus and oysters.
- If you have a pressure cooker, you’ll save a lot of time.
- Another trick to make your seafood soup tastier is to marinate the fish. To do this, use a little white wine, garlic, and spices and refrigerate for at least three hours.