Home Treatments for Ulcerative Colitis
Ulcerative colitis is a gastrointestinal issue which mainly affects the colon. The colon becomes inflamed for one reason or another, whether it be from the presence of bacteria, viruses, fungi, or even due to emotional reasons. This condition may then directly or indirectly lead to other conditions in other organs.
When people suffer from colitis, they most commonly experience the following symptoms:
- Abdominal pain
There are some very effective home remedies to help treat this condition and relieve its symptoms. In this article, we share some ulcerative colitis suggestions that may also help prevent any complications that may arise from it.
Eat a balanced diet
The most important suggestion is to try and eat a lot of natural and fresh foods with lots of fiber. These foods give the body the necessary nutrients without overloading the system. This will avoid an irritated digestive system.
It’s important to avoid spicy foods, alcohol, and an excessive amount of coffee.
Mint helps improve the digestive system since the saliva glands start working more, which really helps digestion. It also controls the nervous system.
Ginger tea helps you treat ulcerative colitis
Ginger tea is a great option if you suffer from ulcerative colitis since it relieves abdominal bloating, diarrhea, and pain associated with this disease.
Did you know? Apple Cider Vinegar, Ginger, and Honey Digestive Tonic
This herb is an excellent source of the vitamins and minerals that help prevent the symptoms of colitis.
Home remedies to improve colitis
- One of the simplest and most effective home remedies is drinking a glass of water with two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and honey right before each meal. You should drink this three times a day.
- Another remedy to fight colitis is boiling a cup of water with a pinch of marshmallow root. After five minutes, strain it. You should drink one cup a day for several weeks.
- Make a smoothie with water, apple, carrot, cucumber, and beet. Prepare one in the morning and one in the afternoon every day for several weeks.
- Soak one or two tablespoons of linseed oil in half a cup of water. Mix well and preferably drink on an empty stomach.
- Rice water is another good option to ease the symptoms of colitis. Just boil a cup of rice in three cups of water for twenty minutes. Let soak and then strain. Drink the remaining water.
- Chamomile tea helps reduce inflammation in the colon. You can drink it several times a day.
- An excellent home remedy for colitis is aloe vera, which you can prepare at home or buy at a health food store. The gel from this plant helps repair colon mucus and the digestive tract in general.
- For people who are more inclined to suffer from this condition, we recommend eating apples and papaya since these are two fruits that help treat colitis.