Home Remedies to Treat Dark Spots on Your Legs
A lot of women undertake a daily routine to get the perfect legs. This includes exercise, which works muscles and helps keep them toned.
When its comes to beauty, however, physical exercise should be complemented with other treatments that will help keep skin healthy, making your legs look and feel smooth, young, and blemish-free.
We’re going to talk about those irritating dark spots that can appear on your legs. They are small black spots that form in the hair follicle and are generally visible after shaving or waxing.
These tiny blemishes form for different reasons, but generally, they are believed to be caused by hair removal methods that only remove hair from the surface of the skin. This leaves space in which dead skin cells, dust, dirt, and other environmental factors can accumulate, clogging the pores.
How to Prevent Dark Spots on Your Legs
The fastest and most effective ways to avoid unwanted spots on your legs is to say goodbye to razors and hair removal creams. This is especially true if the problem gets worse after shaving.
If you can’t avoid any of these methods, or if you’re afraid of trying other alternatives, then make an effort to incorporate daily exfoliation of your legs into your beauty routine.
You might like:
Exfoliation helps get rid of dead cells and blemishes that accumulate on your skin every day.
To exfoliate, use a sponge or exfoliating glove every day in the shower. You can also apply a mask every day to soften and nourish your skin.
Like a lot of these types of products, this natural mask deep cleans the skin while also providing moisture to prevent problems with dryness.
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar (25 grams)
- 4 tbsp. olive oil or coconut oil (100 grams)
- Mix the ingredients into a paste. Then, use gentle circular motions to apply to the affected areas of the leg.
- Allow the treatment to sit for 5 minutes, then rinse with plenty of warm water.
The properties in this natural exfoliant help get rid of unsightly blackheads on legs, but can also tone and firm skin to help prevent problems like flaccidity and cellulite. According to this study by The Himalaya Drug Company, this is because coconut oil is a powerful anti-inflammatory.
- 6 tbsp. used coffee grounds (100 grams)
- 4 tbsp. coconut oil (100 grams)
- First, mix both ingredients and apply this combination to the areas you want to treat. Massage your skin in a circular motion to help get rid of dead skin cells.
- Allow it to sit for a few minutes, then rinse with plenty of warm water.
You can get clean and soft skin by using this natural exfoliant regularly. These ingredients help remove even the most stubborn blemishes, giving positive results.
- 4 tbsp. baking soda (36 grams)
- 4 tbsp. brown sugar (50 grams)
- 3 tbsp. rose water (45 ml)
- The first step is to make a paste by mixing all three ingredients. Then, use it to exfoliate your legs and gently massage them using a circular motion.
- Let the paste to sit for 10 minutes, then rinse with plenty of warm water.
You might like:
Constant shaving, as well as the chemicals in hair removal creams, can darken your skin and make your legs lose their natural color.
If this is the case for you, you might want to try this homemade exfoliant. Its ingredients can help skin go back to its natural color in no time.
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp. olive oil (75 grams)
- 3 tbsp. sugar (45 grams)
- Make a paste using all the 3 ingredients and massage it into your legs using a gentle, circular motion.
- It is very important that you do this at night because the lemon could stain your skin if exposed to sun afterward.
This last exfoliant is perfect for blackhead-free legs and is made with tomatoes.
According to a study conducted by the State University of Southwestern Bahia, Brazil, tomatoes contain very powerful antioxidants that can help keep your skin beautiful and get rid of dead skin cells and blemishes.
- 1 ripe tomato
- 1 tsp. salt (6 grams)
- First, mash the tomato pulp into a paste.
- Next, mix it with the teaspoon of salt
- Finally, apply by gently massaging it into the affected area. Let sit for 10 minutes before rinsing with plenty of warm water.