Home Remedies to Dissolve Kidney Stones
Learn about these natural home remedies to dissolve kidney stones, which can cause you a lot of pain and show up when you least expect them.
Kidney stones (as they’re commonly known) are quite painful and don’t wait for a special moment to show up. Formed from mineral salts and acids that accumulate in the urinary tract when toxins aren’t adequately processed, kidney stones can be eliminated through various home remedies and diuretic herbs.
Some facts about kidney stones
Another one of the reasons why these stones might form in the kidneys is that the urine is too concentrated. Therefore, the minerals in the urine crystallize and as a result, create a “stone”. This process generally causes a lot of pain, most of all at the moment when it expels itself through the urinary tract.
According to studies, men suffer from kidney stones more often than women, and they mostly affect men between the ages of 20 and 40. There is a strong correlation between people who get kidney stones and people who suffer from gout. Certainly, the best method to prevent kidney stones is to drink 8 glasses of water a day, but in many cases kidney stones have a tendency to stick around and require additional treatments.
In order to prevent kidney stones from occurring, it’s preferable to avoid eating too much chocolate, coffee, soda, beets, nuts, spinach, strawberries, tea, or bran, because these foods contain an element that can cause kidney stones to form. Additionally, you should avoid a diet with too much protein, sodium, or sugar, in order to keep the situation from getting worse.
You can drink these plants in a tea or an infusion, in order to improve your urinary tract and accelerate the removal of kidney stones, or help prevent their formation. The most used herbs are:
- Parsley: allows for the expulsion of this sediment that causes pain. Parsley is one of the best diuretics that exists for improving urination. The best proportion is a teaspoon of dry parsley in a glass of boiling water. You can drink this a few times a day.
- Nettle: increases the amount of urine and helps prevent the formation of stones or expel the smaller stones.
- Dandelion: excellent stimulates the production of urine, and is very good to help you avoid the retention of liquids or water. Additionally, dandelion helps clean the blood, especially in cases of cholesterol, diabetes, or hypertension. Drink three glasses a day of an infusion made with dry dandelion leaves.
- Verbena: To best enjoy the benefits of this plant we recommend that you drink 2 or 3 cups a day of an infusion of a teaspoon of dry verbena per class of water, left to steep for about 10 minutes and sweetened with honey.
Natural remedies to treat kidney stones
These home treatments are very efficient and we find them easy to prepare because they are made with ingredients that most people have in their kitchen or can be acquired from any grocery store.
- As soon as the first symptoms of pain appear, drink a glass of fresh-squeezed lemon juice mixed with an egg. If possible, you should drink this on an empty stomach.
- Drink an infusion made with avocado leaves and a large amount of fresh-squeezed apple juice.
- Try to consume some fucus every day (you can put it in food or take it in pills).
- Mix a half liter of hot milk with the same amount of wine. Take the cream off and add a handful of chamomile flowers. Leave on the heat until they’ve dissolved and drink a cup a day, especially when the pain starts.
- Boil fresh ginger in a liter of water for about ten minutes. Soak a rag in the liquid and apply it topically to the area where the kidneys are (the lower part of the back), or where you feel pain.
- Cut three radishes into strips, put in a glass of water, and add a spoonful of sugar. Leave to steep for 12 hours and strain. Take two spoonfuls on an empty stomach until the kidney stones are expelled.
- Boil a handful of watermelon seeds with water for 5 minutes. Let the liquid cool and drink a cup every day in order to naturally dissolve kidney stones.