Home Remedies for Kidney Stones
Here are some great home remedies for kidney stones. Most of these are easy to make, as they involve making teas out of easily-acquired ingredients.
Learn about these natural home remedies for kidney stones. They can cause you a lot of pain and show up when you least expect them.
Kidney stones (as they’re commonly known) are quite painful and don’t wait for you to be ready before they show up. They are formed from mineral salts and acids that accumulate in the urinary tract when toxins aren’t adequately processed. Various home remedies for kidney stones and diuretic herbs may be able to better deal with some of their effects.
Some facts about kidney stones
Another one of the reasons why these stones might form in the kidneys is that your urine may be too concentrated. Therefore, the minerals in the urine crystallize. As a result, they create a “stone”. This process generally causes a lot of pain. This is greatest when your body has to expel it through the urinary tract.
According to studies, men suffer from kidney stones more often than women. They mostly affect men between the ages of 20 and 40. There’s a strong correlation between developing kidney stones and developing gout. Some people say the best home remedy for kidney stones is to drink a sufficient quantity of water every day. However kidney stones can also develop and stay regardless of water consumption.
Also Read: 8 Foods that Cause Gout
If you are at a risk for kidney stones, it’s best you avoid eating too much chocolate, coffee, soda, beets, nuts, spinach, strawberries, tea, or bran. These foods contain an element that can cause kidney stones to form. Additionally, you should avoid a diet with excessive amounts of protein, sodium, or sugar. This will help keep your situation from getting worse.
You can drink the following plants in teas and they make great home remedies for kidney stones. Such teas can improve your urinary tract function and help you deal with kidney stones or even possibly prevent them. Experts tend to recommend the following herbs the most:
- Parsley: This is one of the best diuretics that exists for improving urination. Ideally, you should have a teaspoon of dry parsley in a glass of boiling water. You can drink this a few times a day.
- Nettle: increases the amount of urine your body expels.
- Dandelion: is excellent for stimulating the production of urine. It’s also very good for helping you avoid the retention of liquids or water. Additionally, dandelion can be beneficial for people with certain conditions, such as high cholesterol, diabetes, or hypertension. Drink three glasses a day of a tea made with dry dandelion leaves.
See Also: Natural Remedies for Hypertension
- Verbena: To best enjoy the benefits of this plant, we recommend that you drink 2 or 3 cups a day of a tea made with a teaspoon of dry verbena per glass of water, leave it to sit for about 10 minutes and sweetened with honey.
Home remedies for kidney stones
These home treatments are very efficient. Not only that, you’ll probably find them easy to prepare because you can make them with ingredients that most people have in their kitchen or you can get from any grocery store.
- Drink a glass of fresh-squeezed lemon juice mixed with an egg. If possible, you should drink this on an empty stomach.
- Drink a tea made with avocado leaves and a large amount of fresh-squeezed apple juice.
- Try to consume some fucus if possible (you can put it in food or take it in pills).
- Mix a half liter of hot milk with the same amount of wine. Take the cream off and add a handful of chamomile flowers. Leave on the heat until they’ve dissolved and drink a cup a day. This can be especially good for you when the pain starts.
- Cut three radishes into strips, put in a glass of water, and add a spoonful of sugar. Leave to steep for 12 hours and strain. Take two spoonfuls on an empty stomach.
- Boil a handful of watermelon seeds with water for 5 minutes. Let the liquid cool and drink a cup every day.