What is the Healthiest Non-fattening Bread?
Since bread is a carbohydrate-rich food, eating it too often is not recommended.
Bread is traditionally one of the most consumed foods in the world. Its practicality makes it a perfect side to any meal. And it’s an easy option for mealtime. It can be eaten with any meal during the day. And since there are so many kinds of bread, the question remains as to which type of bread is the healthiest and non-fattening bread.
When a person decides on their own, or with the advice of a nutritionist, to stop eating bread, he might look for other options. It is normal to have questions about what kind of bread is the best on the market, especially when you want to avoid gaining weight.
Nutrients and ingredients
It’s important to note that nutritionists actually advise moderate bread consumption. This is because bread is a food containing several nutrients found in the food pyramid. It is full of nutrients and vitamins.
Its basic ingredients are wheat flour, water, yeast, and salt. The rest of the ingredients depend on the type of bread, and there is a wide range of diverse breads on the market. All of the ingredients mentioned above contain certain nutrients and vitamins: carbohydrates, fiber, B3 vitamins, and vitamin E. They also provide minerals such as calcium and iron.
The nutritionists of the World Health Organization recommend it. This is basically because of two components found in bread: fiber and carbohydrates. In fact, it is considered essential to ingest carbohydrates to maintain a good nutritional balance.
Want to know more? Beware of These 5 Morning Habits That Are Making You Fat
Fiber is one of the benefits of bread consumption. It regulates intestinal transit and decreases cholesterol levels. 50% of calorie intake from carbohydrates are necessary for one day for one person. Bread offers a good amount of carbohydrates.
Now, is bread really fattening? If we analyze it further, we will see that bread also contains ingredients that are not good at all for losing weight. For example, bread usually contains gluten, starch, and flour. Weight gain will depend on each individual’s body.
A 30-gram slice of bread may contain 80 calories. Therefore, bread should always be consumed in moderate amounts. Otherwise, the benefits of bread will be overshadowed by unhealthy drawbacks that end up making people fat. If someone needs to include calories from carbohydrates in their diet, it is better to not overeat.
Ideally, one should consume consume those carbohydrates from other sources besides flour to get the necessary calories in their diet. If a person exceeds the daily calorie intake because of bread, not even exercise will help him burn the extra calories.
See this article: Make This Energizing Breakfast Without Dairy, Flour, or Sugar
Which type of bread is the healthiest?
We all know that there is a large variety of breads on the market. Among the most famous are the white breads, the wheat breads, cakes, and baked goods. But when it comes to the healthiest choice, here are some good options:
- Oatmeal bread. This is a very healthy, light bread. It is high in fiber and helps reduce cholesterol and minimize calories.
- Multi-grain bread. This type of bread has high vitamin and mineral content. It is perfect for dieting, thanks to its high fiber content, which optimizes muscular performance.
- Wholegrain bread. Unlike normal white bread, the flour with which this product is made comes from whole grains. This implies many healthy benefits for the body and less calories.
- Rye bread. It’s definitely one of the healthiest breads. The wheat in this bread is much more compact, which allows it to be low fat.
- Less healthy bread. Cakes and sandwich breads are the least healthiest. Since they are industrial products, they are made with artificial ingredients and chemicals that make them last longer. This implies high fat, and eliminates any nutritional value the bread may offer.