Your Grandmother’s Treatment for Varicose Veins
We’ll show you an old natural remedy used to alleviate the discomfort caused by varicose veins. Try it and you’ll notice its soothing effects in no time
Today there are plenty of medicinal and cosmetic options available for reducing the severity of varicose veins. Their active ingredients often contain natural products to reduce inflammation and soothe the area.
Many of those options are very expensive, however, and they may not always provide the best results.
While you might not have imagined that there are older methods for treating varicose veins, it’s true—many women used to find relief from alternative natural therapies.
These are homemade solutions that your ancestors used for cosmetic and beauty purposes, and today they can help you treat this condition without breaking the bank.
In today’s article we want to share an interesting recipe that will help improve your circulation to alleviate this problem as quickly as possible. Ready to find out what it is?
Your grandmother’s remedy for varicose veins
This home remedy for varicose veins combines the benefits of carrots with the medicinal effects of such ingredients as aloe vera gel and apple cider vinegar, which reduce inflammation and improve blood flow.
The creamy consistency helps facilitate application by massage, which can alleviate the heaviness and pain that’s often associated with this condition.
Carrots are rich in antioxidants that promote good circulation and deliver oxygen to your cells. Furthermore, beta-carotenes exert a calming influence while fiber and vitamins improve the elasticity of the skin.
Meanwhile, aloe vera gel is a natural anti-inflammatory agent and vasodilator thanks to the high content of essential amino acids, water, and vitamins.
The abundance of vitamins E and C improve circulation, avoid blood clots, and slow the cellular aging process.
You can enhance all these benefits with apple cider vinegar, a natural toner that reduces the size of the affected veins while improving blood flow.
This ingredient is known for its pain-relieving and relaxing effects, which bring relief from varicose veins that are accompanied by tension and soreness.
You want to know more? Read: Discover 5 ways to increase blood flow to the brain
How do you prepare this natural treatment for varicose veins?
This natural treatment for varicose veins can also be used to diminish the appearance of spider veins as well as varicose veins that are dark blue or purple in color.
Continued use will reduce their size and eliminate that unsightly bulging appearance that detracts from the beauty of your legs.
See also: Natural treatments for varicose veins
- 2 large carrots
- 2 stems of an aloe vera plant
- 5 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (50 ml)
- Be sure to choose high quality carrots to obtain all their beneficial properties. Peel and slice them to prepare a puree.
- You can add them directly to your blender, but if possible it’s better to boil them briefly to soften them.
- Slice open the aloe plant with a knife and scrape out the clear, viscous gel inside.
- Add all ingredients to the blender, including the apple cider vinegar.
- Process everything for a minute until you obtain a smooth cream.
- Before you apply this product to the affected areas, be sure to exfoliate and remove any dead skin cells. This will improve its absorption.
- Rub your homemade cream on any varicose veins with a gentle, upward massage.
- Leave it on for 30 to 40 minutes before rinsing with cold water.
- Repeat this application every day to see the fastest results.
- If you’re not able to use it on a daily basis you should try to do so at least three times a week.
- You can also apply apple cider vinegar directly to the affected area two times a day for better results.
Do you still suffer from uncomfortable varicose veins? Try making this recipe at home and follow the recommendations above to see results in a short amount of time.
Complement its use by drinking plenty of water and choosing foods that are rich in vitamin E, essential fatty acids, and minerals.
Remember that if you don’t treat varicose veins your problem will worsen. If they continue to cause you pain, see your doctor to explore other possible solutions.