Some foods help you reduce the amount of localized fat that builds up in certain areas of the body. By eating them, you can decrease your overall fat mass to subtly shape your figure.
If you are trying to trim down in areas such as your hips, thighs or stomach, you might be asking yourself if fat-burning foods can do anything.
Although there’s a lot of information available on these kinds of foods, there’s actually little evidence that prove their effectiveness on weight loss. Some people believe that certain foods, such as green tea, chillies, soybeans, grapefruits, garlic and ginger can slightly boost your metabolism to help you lose weight.
However, their effect is so minimal that visible weight loss results are unlikely just by adding them into your diet.
You might be interested in reading: 6 Health Benefits of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Foods that burn stomach fat
The fat that builds up around the stomach area causes health risks due to raising the possibility of having blocked arteries and could cause cardiac problems. Therefore, men’s waist-size shouldn’t exceed 102 centimeters and in the case of women, waist-sizes shouldn’t pass 88 centimeters.
Consider the following foods to get better fat-burning results from you diet.
- Low-fat dairy products: this group includes skim milk, yogurt and low-fat cheese. They’re all high in calcium, which will help break down fat cells.
- Citric fruits: some citric fruits, such as oranges, grapefruits and lemons, contain high levels of vitamin C. They help the body process fat faster and help regulate insulin, which is a condition that causes weight gain.
- Melon: rich in potassium, this fruit regulates sodium levels and helps get rid of bloating problems.
- Walnuts: thanks to their high omega-3 content, walnuts help reduce stress hormone levels, such as cortisol. These hormones contribute to weight gain. You should eat them in moderation.
- Almonds: these nuts are rich in proteins, calcium, fiber and omega-3, which make them a great source of energy. In addition, they help control sugar levels and boost your metabolism.
- Oats: oats have high levels of fiber and protein that help lower cholesterol levels. Likewise, they’re known to cleanse blood due to containing substances that trap fat and toxins, which in turn make them easier to expel from the body.
- Salmon: eating this fish has a high concentration of omega-3 and proteins that help form good cholesterol (HDL) that boost your metabolism and help the body burn off excess abdominal fat.
- Olive oil: olive oil is rich in unsaturated fats that’s healthy for your body. It also helps your body absorb nutrients and lower cholesterol levels.
Foods for decreasing fat around the thighs and hips
Similar to what happens around the stomach, there are certain foods that can help reduce the fat located around your thighs and hips. Some examples are below:
- Whole grains: brown rice, oats, wholegrain bread and pasta, popcorn.
- Legumes: some of the best examples are peas, beans and lentils.
- Lean proteins: some example are skinless chicken, eggs, low-fat dairy products, white fish, tofu.
- Fiber: some fiber-rich foods that are helpful are apples, potatoes, strawberries or broccoli.
Read this article too: How to Reach Later Life in Good Health
Improve your diet by eating all of these foods, which should be balanced at all times, in order to burn fat in certain areas of the body. Regular physical exercise is also a vital component for burning fat.