Foods that Fight Inflammation and Belly Fat
Inflammation and belly fat are related. According to a report recently published by Mayo Clinic, it is common for your metabolism to slow down over the years. This means that you will not burn calories in the same way as before. This translates to you not burning calories in the same way as before, and then there are the hormonal changes that boost inflammation.
How to avoid it? When you notice your metabolism changing and you tend to accumulate that annoying belly fat, this is the time to change your habits and even those essential foods in your diet. Will you put it into practice?
Inflammation and Belly Fat: Is Fighting it Possible?
Doctors and nutritionists always agree on a few aspects that you should keep in mind:
- Your body and metabolism change over time. It is frequent, for example, for a food that didn’t bother you to start to give you problems. That proves that it is very important to be aware of what makes you feel good and what doesn’t. Observe what foods tend to cause inflammation or provoke fluid retention, for example. Because no body is the same nor do the same techniques work for everyone.
- There are foods that favor inflammation and belly fat, you should restrict them today: salt, sugar, and lactose. We don’t need to say that it is also essential to control the fats that you eat everyday and you should always go for fresh foods before frozen or industrial food.
- You should always be conscious that hormonal changes also tend to cause inflammation and boost fluid retention. It is therefore essential to take care of your body and avoid habits like tobacco, a sedentary lifestyle, or even those situations that cause you anxiety and stress. Managing your emotions, exercising, and improving your dietary habits are key to having a better quality of life and looking better physically. It is not that difficult and is worth the effort!
Foods to Fight Inflammation and Belly Fat
1. The Most Effective Spices
They are amazing. Spices are a simple and economic resource to include in your dishes to prevent inflammation and fight against the fat that accumulates in your belly. Besides serving as a addition in stews, rice, or salads, they are also very effective if you include them in many infusions. Take note of these ones:
- Cayenne pepper
A very practical idea is to start the morning with a green tea, cayenne pepper, and ginger based medicinal infusion. It will help you start up your metabolism and burn fats, without forgetting that it is an antioxidant drink, rich in vitamins. If you accompany it with a little bit of honey, it will be much better.
2. The Best Fruits
There is a series of fruits that can very effectively help in treating inflammation, cleansing the body, and also prevent you from storing a few extra pounds around your abdomen. As you know, fruit always gives you multiple possibilities. You can eat them naturally, with a rich juice, or even combine them in salads. See the following:
- Green apple
Have you ever tried a spinach, pineapple, and walnut salad? It’s great for lunch! Don’t forget that it is great to make a rich strawberry and lemon juice based smoothie, for example. It is great for detoxification, regulating glucose in the blood, and burning fat. Try it.
3. Vegetables that Help You the Most
There are many vegetables that help fight inflammation. Nutritionists always recommend eating them raw because as a result, you will get a type of enzyme that improves your digestion and helps activate the metabolism. You obviously can’t eat all vegetables raw, but another option is to steam them. See below:
4. The Importance of “Healthy Fats”
There are healthy fats that are essential for your body and health. They care for your heart, regulate bad cholesterol, and fight inflammation. So, never be scared to include a balanced of the following foods in your diet:
- Olive oil
- Walnuts and almonds
5. The Best Infusion to Get a Flat Stomach
Do you know the best infusion that you can drink everyday to prevent inflammation and belly fat? Salvia syrup with a little bit of lemon juice. You can find salvia in any herbal store. To benefit from this infusion, just add 20 grams of this plant to a glass of boiling water. When you drink it, add a few drops of lemon juice and a little bit of honey. It’s delicious!
You should drink it a half an hour before lunch. Will you try it?