Eliminate Dark Spots With These Face Masks
It's best to use these face masks for dark spots at night because their ingredients may have undesired effects when exposed to the sun
Over time, acne and exposure to the sun can leave dark spots on the skin, most of all on your face. We all want to have perfect, young skin all year round (especially in summer), so we turn to “facials.” Today, we’re going to tell you the best ways to eliminate dark spots without having to use lotions or creams.
Why do dark spots appear on the face?
There are many reasons why these dark spots might develop. Here are some of the main ones:
- Genes and hereditary traits
- Hormonal changes (for example, pregnancy and menopause)
It also could mean you have a poor diet, get too much exposure to the sun without protection, or have an illness like melasma.
Some spots are darker than others, and their size always depends on thing like aging or lack of care.
Face masks to eliminate dark spots
It’s very important that after applying and rinsing the area thoroughly, you use a sunscreen with high SPF before going outside.
Many of the ingredients contain substances that have undesirable effects in the sunlight.
1. Lemon, milk, and aloe vera face mask
This first recipe is very easy to prepare and must be used once a week for a month.
- 2 spoonfuls of milk (20 ml)
- 5 spoonfuls of lemon juice (50 ml)
- 2 spoonfuls of aloe vera gel (30 g)
- Squeeze the lemon and save the juice in a bowl.
- Add the milk.
- Cut a stalk of aloe vera and scoop out the pulp. Add to the other ingredients.
- Mix everything thoroughly and spread out over the areas with dark spots.
- Cover the area with gauze and let sit for a few hours before washing with lukewarm water.
2. Milk, glycerin, oxygenated water, and lemon face mask
Milk shows up in this one too, because it acts as a skin softener. Lemon is also back, known for its spot-removing properties.
This one is best to use at night and you should do it once a week.
- 2 spoonfuls of powdered milk (20 g)
- 1 spoonful of liquid glycerin (10 ml)
- 1 spoonful of oxygenated water (10 ml)
- 2 spoonfuls of lemon juice (20 ml)
- Mix the powdered milk and oxygenated water in a bowl.
- Add the glycerin and lemon juice and mix until it forms a smooth paste.
- Apply the mix to the area with dark spots and let sit for 20 minutes before rinsing off with lukewarm water.
3. Cucumber, oil, and parsley face mask
You usually think of cucumbers with beauty treatments or days at the beach as they are used on the eyes to rest the eyelids or smooth wrinkles.
Combined with other ingredients, this vegetable is a wonderful way to eliminate dark spots. We recommend using this face mask once a week.
- 3 spoonfuls of cucumber pulp (30 g)
- 2 spoonfuls of diced parsley (20 g)
- 5 spoonfuls of sesame oil (or wheat germ oil) (75 g)
- Cut the cucumber in half and scoop out the pulp, or grate it, into a container.
- Wash the parsley and dice as finely as possible. Add to the bowl with the cucumber.
- Add the oil and mix well. If you want, you can use a food processor so the ingredients blend together better.
- Once you have an even consistency, apply to the face then wash with lukewarm water after 20 minutes.
You might like: Benefits of Parsley in Health and Beauty
4. Lemon, aloe vera, and moisturizer face mask
If you don’t want to use a 100% homemade face mask, you can combine a couple ingredients with your favorite moisturizer.
This recipe contains aloe vera and lemon, two amazing allies to help you eliminate dark spots and soften your skin.
- 3 spoonfuls of aloe vera pulp (45 g)
- 2 spoonfuls of lemon juice (20 ml)
- 2 spoonfuls of moisturizing cream (40 g)
- Thoroughly wash the stalk of aloe vera and remove the thorns to make it easier.
- Cut down the length and scoop the gel into a bowl.
- Squeeze the lemon and add the juice to the bowl.
- Now combine with the moisturizing cream you usually use.
- Apply to the face, spreading it well.
- Let sit for 15 minutes, then wash off with lukewarm water.
5. Olive oil, yogurt, oatmeal, and lemon face mask
This is an excellent way to eliminate dark spots and exfoliate while you’re at it (thanks to the oatmeal), removing dead skin cells.
It’s ideal not just for dark spots, but also for acne and blackheads. Repeat once a week for best results.
- 2 spoonfuls of oatmeal (ground or whole flakes) (20 g)
- 1 spoonful of olive oil (16 g)
- 1 spoonful of natural yogurt (20 g)
- Add the oatmeal to a container, then pour on the olive oil.
- Add the yogurt.
- Squeeze the lemon and pour the juice over the above.
- Mix well to get an even consistency (if necessary, you can add more oatmeal or yogurt to get it right).
- Apply to the skin in circular movements and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water and pat dry with a towel.
- To finish, apply a little moisturizer.
To avoid dark spots on the skin, we recommend using sunscreen and not going outside at midday. Also make sure you have a healthy diet, full of fruits and vegetables, and drink 2 liters of water every day.