Eliminate Dark Spots With These Face Masks
Dark spots on the face can appear for a variety of reasons… Genetics, exposure to the sun without protection, hormonal changes (such as those that occur during pregnancy and menopause), the passing of time, nutritional deficiencies, among others.
Given that they’re not always small, light, or easy to conceal, many people consider them to be an esthetic problem. Therefore, they look for ways to eliminate dark spots as soon as possible in order to restore their appearance. In these cases, the best idea is to see a dermatologist in order to seek proper treatment.
According to the needs of your skin, a professional will determine with treatment is best. In this sense, it’s important to remember that each person is different and, therefore, not all skin reacts the same to different treatments. Some options may be too aggressive for some, while others may be very helpful.
There are some who, besides following the treatment recommended by their dermatologist, also choose to try certain home remedies. For example, the face masks that we’ll tell you about below. They consist of natural ingredients that can help to eliminate dark spots on the skin.Want to know more?: Tips to Prevent Skin Diseases
Natural face masks to eliminate dark spots
First of all, it’s worth reminding you that you should see a dermatologist before using these masks. That way, you’ll be able to avoid adverse reactions.
After applying, rinse the area thoroughly using a good facial cleanser. And always use a sunscreen with high SPF before going outside.
1. Milk and aloe vera face mask
A mask with aloe vera and milk is easy to prepare. What’s more, your skin absorbs it easily, so it’s considered moisturizing and hydrating. Of course, thanks to its aloe content, it also helps to regenerate the skin.
- 2 spoonfuls of milk (20 ml)
- 2 spoonfuls of aloe vera gel (30 g)
- Optional: Oatmeal
- Add the milk to a bowl.
- Cut a stalk of aloe vera and scoop out the pulp. Add to the other ingredients.
- Mix everything thoroughly with a spoon.
- Soak gauze in the mixture and spread it over your dark spots.
- Wait a few minutes before rinsing with warm water and facial cleanser.
- Apply once a week for the duration of one month.
Read More: Top Five Aloe Vera Health Benefits
2. Milk, glycerin, oxygenated water, and lemon face mask
Milk shows up in this one too, because it acts as a skin softener. You should use this mask at night and repeat the process once a week.
- 2 spoonfuls of powdered milk (20 g)
- 1 spoonful of liquid glycerin (10 ml)
- Mix the powdered milk and glycerine in a bowl until you have a homogenous paste.
- Apply the mixture to the spots on your face and allow it to work for 20 minutes before rinsing with warm water
3. Cucumber, oil, and parsley face mask
This is another mask that may help eliminate dark spots. It consists of fresh cucumber, oil, and parsley that come together to make a thick mixture with refreshing and exfoliant properties.
- 3 spoonfuls of cucumber pulp (30 g)
- 2 spoonfuls of diced parsley (20 g)
- 5 spoonfuls of sesame oil (or wheat germ oil) (75 g)
- Cut the cucumber in half and scoop out the pulp, or grate it, into a container.
- Wash the parsley and dice as finely as possible. Add to the bowl with the cucumber.
- Add the oil and mix well. If you want, you can use a food processor so the ingredients blend together better.
- Once you have an even consistency, apply to the face then wash with lukewarm water after 20 minutes.
You might like: Benefits of Parsley in Health and Beauty
4. Aloe vera and moisturizer face mask
- 3 spoonfuls of aloe vera pulp (45 g)
- 2 spoonfuls of moisturizing cream (40 g)
- Thoroughly wash the stalk of aloe vera and remove the thorns to make it easier.
- Cut down the length and scoop out the gel. Wash off the salve.
- Place the gel in a bowl along with the moisturizing cream you usually use. Combine.
- Apply to the face, spreading it well.
- Let sit for several minutes, then wash off with lukewarm water.
Try them out and see how they work
There’s no scientific evidence to demonstrate that these masks are 100% effective in lightening or eliminating dark spots on the skin. However, many consider them to be good additions to your beauty and skincare routine. That’s because their ingredients have a certain medicinal potency .
Remember, before applying any of the above masks, talk to a dermatologist. What’s more, test them on the inside of your arm to know how your skin will react.
Finally, maintain a good skincare routine and follow your doctor’s recommendations in order to obtain the best results.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Chohan, S. N., Suhail, M., Salman, S., Bajwa, U. M., Saeed, M., Kausar, S., & Suhail, T. (2014). Facial abuse of topical steroids and fairness creams: A clinical study of 200 patients. Journal of Pakistan Association of Dermatologists. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1430256
- Mishra, A. P., Saklani, S., Milella, L., & Tiwari, P. (2014). Formulation and evaluation of herbal antioxidant face cream of Nardostachys jatamansi collected from Indian Himalayan region. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine. https://doi.org/10.12980/APJTB.4.2014APJTB-2014-0223
- Keane, F. M., Munn, S. E., du Vivier, A. W., Taylor, N. F., & Higgins, E. M. (1999). Analysis of Chinese herbal creams prescribed for dermatological conditions. BMJ (Clinical Research Ed.). https://doi.org/10.1177/019263655003417008