Eliminate Uric Acid Crystals with Ginger and Celery
Often a poor diet based on red meats, organ meat, and anchovies can cause this common problem in which the body is unable to get rid of excess purines. Little by little, they form into tiny uric acid crystals that are stored in the joints, causing pain and inflammation.
In the most serious cases, gout often appears with the classic swelling of the big toe that causes a lot of discomfort. How can this condition be avoided? How can we reduce uric acid levels? Today, we’d like to share a simple and effective remedy with you. Combined with a balanced diet and some healthier habits and exercise, you’ll feel much better. Check it out!
Natural remedy to eliminate uric acid crystals
- 1 cucumber
- 2 celery stalks
- 7 ounces ginger
- The juice of ½ a lemon
- A cup of water
These natural ingredients are truly medicinal and will combat uric acid crystals. Want to know how?
- Cucumber: Cucumbers are diuretic and hydrating which makes them great for eliminating excess uric acid in the blood. This vegetable is really low in fat and is the perfect complement to any diet. It’s delicious and goes well in salads as well as this medicinal shake.
- Celery: Celery refreshes and hydrates the body. It’s unique flavor goes well with many dishes. You can use it in broths, salads, combine it with meats and create rich and medicinal juices like the one we’re sharing with you today. You should know that celery is great for lowering bad cholesterol as well as flushing excess uric acid. It cleanses the body, is diuretic and works to stimulate the liver and its functions. As you can see, you should always have this vegetable on hand in your home.
- Ginger: As we’ve often mentioned on our site, this medicinal root is regularly used to fight pain and inflammation, but did you know that it’s amazing at treating gout and inflammation of the joints? According to a study completed in January 2010 and published in Food and Chemical Toxicology magazine, ginger is rich in a chemical compound known as 6-sogaol. This compound reduces the inflammation caused by uric acid crystals. So if you don’t have fresh ginger on hand, get to the store and buy some to make this medicinal remedy.
- Water: How much water do you usually drink a day? Remember that in order to fight uric acid, you need to drink 6-8 glasses of water each day. Above all you need to cleanse the body and flush the harmful toxins that are making you sick.
- Lemon: Few fruits are as cleansing and ideal for eliminating uric acid. Thanks to their alkalizing properties, you can reduce excess uric acid crystals that accumulate around the joints. Lemons are also rich in vitamins and minerals, making them the perfect ally for your health.
- Start by washing the cucumber, celery stalks and ginger.
- Peel and cut the cucumber into chunks. They should be small enough to go into your blender. Do the same with the celery.
- Now extract the juice from half the lemon. You can store the other half in the fridge. Set aside for later.
- Do you have 7 ounces of ginger ready? You can use a scale to measure out the exact quantity.
- Now add all the ingredients to your blender and liquify. Ready? Now mix in the water and the lemon juice. Blend well and add a few ice cubes if you like. It will make it much more enjoyable.
- When should you drink this natural remedy? Just after breakfast. This way it will help promote digestion and do a much better job of cleansing the body of uric acid and the crystals that form in the joints. It will also help optimize your liver function, which will also help reduce joint inflammation.
- You should ideally take this remedy for a week, then rest for 4 days before beginning again. Taken regularly, it will also help reduce excess cholesterol. You’ll notice the results at your next checkup!