Discover The Perfect Cabbage Soup Diet
Losing weight has become one of the most widespread goals for people from all over the world. If you’d like to lose a few pounds, pay attention to the following article. We’ll give you details about a great diet based on cabbage soup.
The cabbage soup diet will allow you to lose weight in just one week.
However, given its characteristics, you must be very careful when trying it. This is because it has a restrictive nature, which means you’ll have limitations for the foods that you eat every day.
Likewise, it is essential that you follow the instructions to the letter and then, once the diet week has passed, you will have to leave it. That being said, we present what you should know about the cabbage soup diet.
The Cabbage Soup Diet
Before trying this diet, it’s important that you know a little more about it.
The first thing you should know is that it only lasts a week.
However, you have to comply with a rigorous plan that accompanies the consumption of cabbage soup every day.
It’s not just about eating cabbage soup for those seven days: you can eat other foods, as long as they meet the specifications that we’ll explain later.
Another characteristic of this diet is that it will allow you to lose up to 8 pounds, although this will depend both on your metabolism and your level of physical activity.
The benefits of cabbage soup are based on its purifying qualities. Meanwhile, it also generates a feeling of fullness and is rich in vitamins and minerals.
Finally, when we say that it is a restrictive diet, we mean that it offers few calories (800 daily). For this reason, it should not be maintained for a long time because it would create a harmful imbalance in your body.
Ingredients of cabbage soup
- 1 cabbage
- 2 peppers
- 6 large onions
- 6 tomatoes
- 1 stick of celery
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- First, you should cut all the vegetables and put them in boiling water.
- Next, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let the preparation boil for 10 minutes at high heat.
- Once that time has elapsed, lower the heat and allow it to continue cooking for about half an hour.
Also read: 2 Ways to Accompany Your Steamed Vegetables
As we said before, during the week of this diet, you must follow a specific diet accompanying the cabbage soup.
Below, we’ll tell you what you should eat each day.
You can eat the amount of cabbage soup you want. In addition, you can eat all the fruits that you want, except bananas and avocados.
Make sure to should drink plenty of fluids, as long as it’s water and infusions . You will be prohibited from consuming soft drinks and alcoholic beverages. You can eat the permitted food any time you feel hungry.
In addition to the cabbage soup, you can also eat both raw and cooked vegetables, in the amount you want. On this day you can include a potato if you feel like it.
You can eat vegetables, fruits, and cabbage soup whenever you want. However, don’t consume bananas, avocado, or potatoes.
Drink skim milk at breakfast and with a snack. Eat four bananas during the day. However, if you prefer, you can replace them with another fruit. Eat the soup whenever you feel hungry.
Eat the soup whenever you’re hungry. At lunch and dinner, consume a portion of meat, which can be beef, chicken, or fish. Also, add 6 tomatoes to your diet, which you can cut in half and season with garlic, oregano and olive oil.
Base this day’s diet on the consumption of two servings of chicken, meat, fish or pork, accompanied by the vegetables of your choice. And, of course, satisfy hunger with cabbage soup.
You’ll be interested in reading:
Foods That Detoxify Your Liver and Improve Your Health
Eat brown rice at each meal and accompany it with raw or cooked vegetables, in addition to eating lots of fruits, as well as cabbage soup, whenever you feel hungry.
Next, we’ll share some details that you should keep in mind while you’re on the cabbage soup diet.
- Accompany the diet with the consumption of at least 8 glasses of water per day.
- During the process, do not drink liquor or soft drinks. Instead, drink water, tea, and infusions.
- While the diet lasts, forget about pasta and vegetables.
- Eat potatoes only on the day indicated.
- When choosing vegetables, you should opt for lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, alfalfa, spinach, cucumbers, broccoli, and celery.
- Also, when selecting fruits, take into account that the most appropriate are pineapple, peaches, oranges, melon, watermelon, pears and apples.
- Finally, keep in mind that once the week has passed, you should stop this diet.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Eat cabbage to fight cancer. (1994). Environmental health perspectives, 102(5), 428-9.
- Physiological effects of cabbage with reference to its potential as a dietary cancer-inhibitor and its use in ancient medicine (1983). Albert-Puleo M.
- Bertoia, M. L., Mukamal, K. J., Cahill, L. E., Hou, T., Ludwig, D. S., Mozaffarian, D., Willett, W. C., Hu, F. B., … Rimm, E. B. (2015). Changes in Intake of Fruits and Vegetables and Weight Change in United States Men and Women Followed for Up to 24 Years: Analysis from Three Prospective Cohort Studies. PLoS medicine, 12(9), e1001878. doi:10.1371/journal.pmed.1001878