Discover the Amazing Benefits of Broccoli Soup
Among the many foods that are very beneficial to your health is broccoli, and broccoli soup is a great way to prepare it. A diet that’s heavy in broccoli can provide your body with incredible benefits.
Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable that belongs to the cabbage family. Among these vegetables you’ll also find Brussels sprouts, turnips, cabbage, cauliflower, and more.
Like those other vegetables, broccoli is very low in calories with a high calcium content, and it even contains important active ingredients that fight cancer.
Broccoli is a very important food when it comes to weight loss, so if you’re trying to shed a few pounds, broccoli soup can be a very effective addition to the menu.
Broccoli, a source of vitamins
Many studies support broccoli as a major source of vitamin C.
Time magazine has included broccoli among the top 10 foods that “have a positive impact on health.”
Vitamin C, E, and B6, as well as the cancer-fighting compound known as sulforaphane, are among its many nutrients.
In addition to vitamins, broccoli is rich in calcium, which is essential for bone growth and weight loss.
See also: 2 diets to improve bone and joint health
Other benefits of broccoli: fiber
Broccoli is also rich in antioxidants and contains glutathione, an active ingredient that can improve your immune system.
Fiber is an essential ingredient in weight loss diets because, among other reasons, foods that are high in fiber take longer to digest.
This leaves you feeling fuller for longer.
Fiber also helps you avoid constipation and other intestinal problems, better regulating your metabolism and your whole digestive system.
Broccoli soup has the effect of decreasing your appetite thanks to its combination of liquid and solid ingredients.
A diet that contains broccoli soup as a staple will help you lose weight, is low in calories, and will keep your immune system healthy.
Although cabbage soup is popular right now thanks to its weight loss benefits, broccoli soup may be even better for you.
The benefits of a broccoli soup-based diet
- Antioxidants are supplied by vitamins C and E, beta-carotene, flavonoids, and isothiocyanates.
- Vitamin C provides collagen and maintains healthy and supple skin, while vitamin E protects your skin’s cellular membranes.
- It fights cancer
- The nutrients that you give your body when you eat broccoli can slow the proliferation of cancer cells, making it an effective supplement for certain kinds of cancer treatments.
- It has cleansing and anti-cellulite effects. Selenium is another active ingredient that’s found in broccoli, which can improve your body’s metabolism of estrogens through the liver.
- Broccoli is an alkaline food that regulates your blood pH, allowing your body to defend itself against disease more effectively.
- Broccoli soup also has anti-inflammatory properties and is good for your digestive system, preventing stomach ulcers as well as certain types of stomach cancer.
- Thanks to a high content of potassium and low fat content, broccoli is a heart healthy food that’s excellent for weight loss because it’s satisfying and has lots of fiber.
- Also, broccoli is good for the health of your eyes.
- Lutein is another active ingredient that can protect your eyes against degenerative diseases. One example is cataracts and other ailments related to aging and the passage of time.
A simple recipe
One way to make broccoli soup is as follows.
- 2 potatoes
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1/2 of an onion
- First, chop the onion and peel the potatoes.
- Wash the head of broccoli and chop it.
- Cook everything in salted water for 20 minutes (only use a small amount of water so that the vegetables can preserve all their nutrients).
Visit this article: How to grow onions at home
- Once that time has passed, process everything in a blender or food processor until you get a fine puree.
- You can leave some of the vegetables whole and use them as a garnish for the soup.
- Season to taste.
- If you like, you can add a little skim milk or plain yogurt before serving.