How to Detox the Pancreas Naturally
The pancreas is a very important organ and it's a good idea to detox the pancreas from time to time
The pancreas is an organ that we often don’t give much thought to, unless it causes pain or discomfort. However, it performs a very important function in the body as it’s responsible for filtering the waste that our bodies produce on a daily basis. If too many toxins accumulate, it won’t work as it should. For this reason, it’s good to detox the pancreas from time to time. In this article, we’ll show you how.
What you should know about the pancreas
The pancreas is one of our body’s forgotten organs, together with other organs like the spleen or appendix. However, we only seem to remember their existence when there’s a problem. The truth of the matter is that each one has a very specific function.
To be exact, the pancreas is located in the abdominal cavity and, among other functions, is responsible for:
- Firstly, producing hormones
- Also in aiding in the digestion of foods
- And, finally, regulating blood sugar levels
If the pancreas is sick, then this will affect the body’s entire metabolism. By not treating pancreatic illness in time, it can become chronic. Some of the most common illnesses that can affect this organ include:
- Pancreatitis. This can be either acute or chronic and is basically the inflammation of the pancreas. It can be caused by continually ingesting unhealthy foods, pregnancy or stress.
- Pancreatic cancer. This is potentially deadly because usually by the time it’s diagnosed, it has spread throughout the body (this process is known as metastasis). By treating it as soon as possible, the patient will have a greater chance of survival.
- Pancreatic insufficiency. This occurs when the pancreas cannot produce its digestive enzymes or insulin in sufficient quantities. This disorder is currently very common due to poor eating habits, unhealthy diets, stress, the sedentary lifestyle, lack of physical exercise, etc.
You need to pay attention to the symptoms in this area of the body to determine the source of the illness. The main symptoms are:
- Abdominal pain
- Weight loss not associated with a change in eating habits
- And, finally, changes in glucose levels (not related to diabetes)
Plants that can detox the pancreas
Because we’re all vulnerable to suffering from pancreatic problems, we recommend the following remedies to detox the pancreas. In this way you will eliminate the residues that accumulate in the body, not just in the pancreas. The good news is that there are medicinal plants that can help you do just that.
It should be noted that these remedies are recommended as preventative measures to the conditions listed above. They can also aid some treatments, but cannot act as a substitute for them. The best plants for cleansing the pancreas are:
For this remedy, you’ll be using the root of the plant. It stimulates bile production and is beneficial to the liver and gallbladder. At the same time, it promotes pancreatic health by lowering its workload (you could say that it helps the pancreas do its job). The right dosage depends on the individual’s age, weight, etc.
Of course, garlic had to be included on this list! It possesses countless properties. Among others, it’s used for:
- Improving circulation
- Preventing and treating infections
- Treating intestinal parasites
- Controlling glucose levels in the blood
- Improving pancreatic function
- And, finally, healing wounds
Start eating more garlic, preferably raw, with your food. If you feel so inclined, eat a clove of garlic in the morning. You’ll need a good mint toothpaste, but it’s a really great help when you want to detox the pancreas.
Gentian root (Gentiana lutea)
We can use this to treat digestive problems and it has been proven to possess really beneficial properties for treating chronic pancreatitis and detoxifying the body. It’s able to kill intestinal worms and can help to strengthen the liver. It also stimulates the appetite and is really nutritious. You can make a tea with:
- 1 tablespoon gentian root
- 1 cup of water
Firstly, heat the ingredients together, and let boil for 5 minutes. Finally, strain and drink. You can drink up to 2 cups daily.
Used in many desserts and infusions, this spice favors digestion and also improves pancreatic health. Diabetics find cinnamon to be a powerful ally because it reduces blood glucose levels. Sprinkle it on top of your coffee, pie or baked fruit.
Another great way to detox the pancreas is with echinacea. This plant, known for its ability to optimize the immune system, stimulates bile production and is beneficial for both pancreas and spleen health. However, it’s not recommended for persons with type II diabetes, because it affects insulin production. Make a tea with:
- 1 tablespoon of echinacea
- 1 cup boiling water
This fruit come from trees in the southeast of the United States. It’s well-known for its cleansing properties, as it improves digestion and eliminates toxins.
Tips for pancreatic health
By drinking the teas mentioned above, you’ll cleanse the pancreas, but you’ll need to develop some healthy habits to keep toxins from accumulating again. To do that, you’ll need to:
- Avoid heavily seasoned or spicy foods
- Reduce your intake of processed sugars and flours
- Drink less alcohol and coffee
- Don’t overeat, especially at night
- Include more bitter and acidic flavors in your diet to stimulate the production of gastric juices
- Stop eating processed foods
- Eat more raw fruits and vegetables
- Exercise regularly
- And, finally, reduce your levels of stress, anxiety and nervousness.
By following these tips and a healthy detox diet, it will help you to enjoy good pancreatic health, and this, in turn, will have many positive effects in your daily life.