Easy and Delicious Pork Loin with Blue Cheese Recipe
This pork loin with blue cheese recipe is unique and delicious and will delight your guests.
If you love intense flavors, dairy products, and you want to learn how to make pork in a different way, you’ll love the following pork loin with blue cheese recipe.
We selected this cheese because, when it melts, it has a delicious flavor and aroma and a creamy texture that goes great with this kind of meat.
We’re not going to use a frying pan at all to cook this pork tenderloin with blue cheese. Instead, we’re going to use the oven. This way, you’ll get a delicious dish in less than sixty minutes. Also, this recipe is juicy enough thanks to the ingredients you’re going to use to make it.
Here’s what you have to do to make this recipe.
Pork Loin with Blue Cheese
Ingredients (for 3 or 4 people)
- ¼ a cup of fried onion (50 g)
- ¼ a cup of white wine (50 ml)
- 5 pork loin fillets (750 g)
- ½ a cup of heavy cream (125 ml)
- 1 teaspoon of hot paprika (5 g)
- Seasonings: sea salt, Provence herbs
- Olive oil (the necessary amount)
- 2 ½ cups of blue cheese (500 g approx.)
- Optional: fresh parsley, butter.
- To begin, preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Clean the pork loin fillets and place them in a baking dish. Once there, season with plenty sea salt and olive oil.
- Set aside for 10 to 15 minutes. After this time, sprinkle some hot paprika on them.
- Bake the fillets for 20 minutes at a temperature of 220°C.
- After the first 15 minutes, take the baking dish out of the oven and pour white wine over the fillets. Put the baking dish back in the oven.
- Cut the blue cheese into thin slices.
- Put the cream in a pot over medium heat. Before it boils, add the slices of blue cheese. Stir constantly so both ingredients blend well and begin to form a cream.
- When the cream has thickened enough, add the Provence herbs and keep on stirring over low heat for about 2 or 3 minutes. If the sauce isn’t thick enough, add some butter or cream.
- Once the pork loin fillets are ready, turn off the oven, take the baking dish out, and pour the blue cheese sauce over the fillets.
- When serving, you can decorate with another pinch of Provence herbs and some fresh parsley.
The ideal side dishes for your pork loin should be mild so the blue cheese sauce remains the star. In view of this, we decided to suggest a couple of recipes that will go great with this dish:
Applesauce for Pork Loin with Blue Cheese
Ingredients (for 3-4 people)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 8 red apples
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- ½ cup of sugar or honey (100 g)
- Optional: the juice of 1 lemon
You better read this! Delicious Green Apple and Celery Salad
- Wash and peel the apples. Throw away the apple cores and cut the apples into julienne strips.
- Place the apples in a pot with water and heat over high heat.
- When the water boils, turn down the heat and add the cinnamon stick, lemon juice, and sugar. Keep on stirring to mix all the ingredients well.
- Let everything cook for about 40 to 45 minutes.
- After this time, turn off the heat, remove the cinnamon stick from the pot, and pour the applesauce into a container.
- Mix with the help of a hand blender. The idea is to get a thick and homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the sauce into a bowl and put the cinnamon stick inside.
- You can serve your applesauce hot or cold.
Another side dish that also goes great with pork loin with blue cheese is homemade French fries. You can serve them with a pinch of salt or some paprika. They go great with your pork loin!