Cure Varicose Veins with this Aloe Vera Remedy
Using aloe vera for varicose veins is common, both applying it topically, and taking it orally. Generally, specialists consider it complementary to the treatment a doctor may prescribe.
When a person has varicose veins in their legs, it’s possible that they experience liquid retention, swelling, bloating, and other similar annoyances. All of these are an indication that it may be necessary to improve your life habits, and above all, abandon a sedentary life.
In addition to adopting a more active lifestyle, you have to be careful of what you eat and drink. The latter brings the importance of hydration into play.
Good daily hydration will help your body carry out its functions correctly, and, in addition, it will help to alleviate certain annoyances like liquid retention.
To return to our main point, it’s interesting to know that according to a popular old wives’ tale, complementing hydration with aloe vera juice may be useful.
Varicose veins: a common problem
Varicose veins are one of the most common cardiovascular problemsdilations of the veins
The symptoms can be very diverse. Amongst the most common are the following:
- Swelling in the legs (especially in the feet and ankles).
- Change of color in the area around the varicose vein.
- Itching or tingling sensation.
- Stomach cramps.
- A heavy feeling,
Varicose veins reduce the quality of life in those who suffer from them, so it’s important to go to the doctor so that you can get appropriate treatment. In addition, another good thing to do is to dedicate at least 30 minutes a day to physical exercise .
Yoga, pilates, swimming, and jogging are some of the most recommended exercises for those who want to adopt a healthier lifestyle and at the same time prevent (or alleviate, as is often the case) the annoyances caused by varicose veins.
Aloe vera remedy for varicose veins recipe
According to popular belief, the following aloe vera recipe for varicose veins could help you stay hydrated and combat liquid retention in a completely natural way.
Although it’s important to highlight that no evidence exists confirming whether this treatment is 100% effective or that it can cure or treat the problem on its own. For that reason. it’s simply an alternative way to alleviate pain, nothing more.
Without a healthy lifestyle, no drink, food, or remedy can bring your body what it really needs.
- 2 pints of water
- 2 leaves of aloe vera
- 1 small carrot (2/5 oz.)
- Optional: honey
- Cut the carrot into small pieces.
- Wash and drain the slices well.
- Aside, bring a pan of water to boil.
- When the water reaches a boil, add the slices of carrot.
- Allow the carrot slices to cook for a while.
- In the meantime, peel the aloe vera leaves and extract the gel. Later, run it through a stream of water to clean the yellowish layer off of it. Store it in the refrigerator.
- When the carrot is cooked and soft, turn off the heat and allow it cool in the liquid for a bit.
- Pour the aloe vera gel into the pan.
- Use a blender to blend it all together.
- Serve and consume in moderation.
- You shouldn’t consume more than one glass of this drink a day because this plant has laxative effects that can cause diarrhea, pain, and other annoyances.
- If you want, you can add a touch of honey to the drink, but you should avoid excess.
- This aloe vera remedy will last for 2 days maximum (in the refrigerator).
- You can consume this drink as part of a balanced diet as a snack or simply as a replacement for an industrial drink, but never as a replacement for a main meal.
- There are people that substitute the carrot for a food with a high water content (one that, as a result, is rich in fiber and has a diuretic effect), like watermelon or cucumber.
- To give it a bit more flavor, we recommend you add a touch of lemon juice.
You may also be interested in: Keeping Your Baby Hydrrated in the Summer
Aloe vera for varicose veins, and what else?
Staying hydrated, following an adequate exercise routine, and generally, a healthy lifestyle will be very beneficial when it comes to keeping healthy and avoiding varicose veins.