Cure Intestinal Infections with Three Natural Remedies
Intestinal infections are common. They can show up at any age, especially during childhood. It can be caused by our environment or by the water we drink or the foods that we normally eat.
Pay close attention to its symptoms, since it’s important that you act quickly and take any necessary measures. When it comes to children and the elderly, dehydration is a very dangerous enemy that can threaten their health.
In this article, you will learn more about intestinal infection, its symptoms, causes and how to prevent it. We will also tell you how you can treat it at home with natural remedies.
The causes of intestinal infections
Its causes can vary by age, and in children and adults it tends to attack stronger
- Expired food, or food that was exposed to bacteria (such as street vendors that do not comply with proper food handling)
- Water that is full of parasites and bacteria
- Viruses transmitted from person to person
- Not washing your hands after using the restroom
- Exposure to animal or human feces
As we mentioned, the symptoms vary and may be stronger among certain groups:
- Fever, shakes and chills
- Nausea and frequent vomiting
- Fatigue and apathy
- Abdominal inflammation caused by parasites
- Intestinal noise
There are many ways to avoid intestinal infections, and you should make them into habits:
- Wash your hands after going to the restroom or when handling objects on the streets or on the ground.
- Use antibacterial sanitizer often.
- Avoid eating street foods if the establishment does not seem clean.
- Check food expiration dates before eating them.
- Wash fruits and vegetables before using them.
- Avoid drinking water from wells or faucets that are not reliable and always drink potable water.
- If you are going to save leftovers, put them in the fridge so that they don’t accumulate bacteria.
- Wash your silverware well to avoid food residue that can produce bacteria.
Cure intestinal infections with three natural remedies
1. Ginger water
Ginger is a root with excellent medicinal properties. Because of its antibacterial and antiviral action, it can be used as a treatment for intestinal infections.
It helps the body fight infection. It also helps with the regulation of the intestinal tract and relieves intestinal mucous inflammation, reducing pain and intestinal inflammation.
- 1 tablespoon of ginger root (15 g)
- 2 cups of water (500 ml)
- Heat the water and the ginger root until it boils
- When it starts to boil, turn off the flame.
- Let it cool and pour into a plastic bottle.
- Drink the liquid throughout the day. When you have finished it, make another batch.
- Ideally, drink two bottles to treat your intestinal infection.
2. Peppermint tea
Peppermint tea is an excellent remedy when it comes to relieving inflammation and soothing the irritation in the intestinal wall. Thus, it’s a great option for helping to treat an intestinal infection.
This tea also absorbs excess intestinal gas. Additionally, it has antispasmodic properties that quickly relieve abdominal discomfort.
Peppermint also helps to calm the stomach. Therefore it’s very helpful for intestinal infections that have symptoms like dizziness and vomiting.
- 1 spoonful of dried peppermint leaves (15 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Heat the water with the peppermint leaves in it until it boils.
- When it starts to boil, turn off the flame and let it sit for 5-7 minutes.
- We recommend that you drink it 3 times a day.
3. Lemon juice and water
Lemon juice is a very efficient natural remedy that helps to cleanse and fight any impurities in the intestine. It also eliminates microorganisms that are responsible for infections.
It also helps the regulation of the intestinal tract. So, it relieves several symptoms like abdominal pain, cramping, loss of appetite and diarrhea.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Juice from one lemon
- Add the lemon juice to the cup of water, mix and drink.
- It is important that you drink it throughout the day so that you can eliminate the condition quickly.