Cod in Pil Pil Sauce: A Dish You Can't Miss
Cod in pil pil sauce is one of the best fish dishes you can prepare. It contains a significant amount of essential nutrients. In addition, its organoleptic characteristics are incredible. It’s a much simpler recipe than you’d think and it will please all the members of the family.
How to prepare cod in pil pil sauce?
Before starting, it’s important to point out that increasing the presence of fish in the diet is considered a very positive step in order to maintain a good state of health over the years. Seafood products contain the highest quality fatty acids and a good handful of essential minerals.
If you want to prepare an exquisite cod in pil pil sauce, you’ll need the following products:
- 4 pieces of salted cod
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 chili pepper
- 300 milliliters of extra virgin olive oil
- First of all, choose a low and wide casserole dish.
- Peel the garlic and then brown them with olive oil over medium heat.
- Once they’re ready, remove them and put them aside on a plate.
- Clean the chili pepper and cut it into 4 portions. Sauté them and set them aside in another dish.
- In the same oil used previously, cook the cod pieces. It’ll be necessary to cook them for at least 4 minutes on each side before putting them aside in a bowl.
- When this step is completed, start to prepare the sauce. To do this, it’s essential to wait a few minutes for the oil to warm up. It’s advisable to transfer it to another container.
- Add a little of the cod whey in the casserole dish and bind it with a spoon gently with some of the oil.
- As the sauce takes on body, gradually add the rest of the oil.
- Then put the cod slices back in the pan and heat everything well. The fish must be properly cooked on the inside.
- Once ready, serve it on a plate and cover it with the sauce.
- Garnish with the garlic and the chilli, and that’s it.
Another great recipe for you: Recipe for Cod Au Gratin with Mayonnaise
Tip for desalting codfish
- To properly desalinate the cod, run the pieces of fish under running water.
- Then, put them in a container with fresh water and leave them in the refrigerator.
- Renew the water every 8 hours.
- If the fish is thinly cut, 24 hours will be enough.
- If the pieces are very thick, you can extend the process up to 48 hours.
Benefits of cod
First of all, it’s important to highlight the protein content of cod. It contains proteins of high biological value. These have all the essential amino acids and a good score in terms of digestibility. They have been shown to be essential to improve muscle health, thus avoiding the development of problems such as sarcopenia.
Cod also contains polyunsaturated fatty acids. Among all of them, we can make special mention to those of the omega-3 series. According to a study published in the journal Biochemical Society Transactions, these elements modulate the body’s internal inflammatory mechanisms, thus reducing the incidence of many chronic and complex pathologies. Increasing their presence in the diet is essential.
Read more: The Benefits of Bluefish
Prepare cod in pil pil sauce at home
As you have seen, preparing cod in pil pil sauce at home is really easy. With this recipe, you can increase the presence of fish in your diet, which is essential to achieve a good state of health over the years.
Of course, it’ll be necessary to ensure the consumption of white and blue fish, since both varieties have high quality nutrients inside. A varied diet is important.It might interest you...