Cleanse Blocked Arteries With This Simple Drink
Many people worry about how to prevent blocked arteries. Unquestionably, coronary artery disease is becoming increasingly common throughout the developed world. Due to a poor diet and a sedentary lifestyle, both of these factors raise levels of cholesterol in the blood. However, this health problem can be prevented and fought naturally with a simple drink that you can make at home.
A recent study found that pomegranate extract can help to prevent, or even revert atherosclerosis. This is a disease that occurs from a progressive thickening of coronary arteries caused by the accumulation of fatty materials. The study, published in Atherosclerosis Journal, shows that pomegranate juice can help to cleanse blocked arteries of cholesterol.
To come to this conclusion, scientists used rodents with coronary problems and fed them pomegranate extract, over a period of time. Once the study was complete, they concluded that pomegranate consumption prevented the rodents from experiencing the accumulation of plaque in arteries. The extract also prevented arteries from becoming blocked and hardening.
This investigation into the benefits of pomegranate extract and how it can cleanse blocked arteries also uncovered the following advantages:
- Ability to reduce levels of oxidative stress.
- Reduces the chemotactic protein of monocytes-1. Associated with inflammatory processes within arteries.
- Lessens cardiac enlargement.
- Reduces the accumulation of fats in the cardiac muscle.
- Inhibits infiltration of macrophages in cardiac muscle.
- Prevents ECG abnormalities.
How can such a simple fruit cleanse blocked arteries?
Mainly due to their high levels of antioxidants, out of all the benefits of pomegranates, the vitamin C and polyphenols contents really stand out. vitamin C
Pomegranates also contain an important anti-inflammatory power that has an essential role in the prevention of heart problems. Thanks to these properties, pomegranates help to reduce high blood pressure, are good for blood circulation, and boost the immune system to prevent infections.
Pomegranate juice to reduce cholesterol and cleanse blocked arteries
This powerful pomegranate and apple juice recipe has a high concentration of substances such as: flavonoids, tannins, and fiber. These are responsible for reducing cholesterol and increasing the cleansing process of blocked arteries.
- 3 apples
- 1 pomegranate
Wash all of the fruits thoroughly to remove traces of pesticides and bacteria. Peel the pomegranate and chop it into large pieces, along with the apples. Finally, put everything together in the blender, with some water to facilitate the blending. Drink immediately.
Other important benefits of drinking pomegranate juice
Besides helping cleanse the arteries, regular consumption of this pomegranate juice also gives other important benefits to your body:
- It is highly antioxidant: Pomegranate juice has a high antioxidant power that could help reduce oxidative stress in the blood. Many studies have discovered that lower oxidative stress can reduce up to 44% of the size of atherosclerotic injuries.
- Has anti-carcinogenic properties: Thanks to its high levels of antioxidants, pomegranate juice could also have a significant anti-carcinogenic action. Many studies have shown that pomegranate juice could help fight cancer, not cure it, but destroy and inhibit the growth of malignant cells. Studies showed that people that drink a glass of pomegranate a day could slow the progression of prostate cancer.
- Weight loss ally: Pomegranate juice is also a good ally for those people that want to have a healthy weight. Drinking this juice as a complement to their diet and exercise can burn fat easier and get results in less time than expected. This benefit is due to its action in eliminating toxins from the body and its ability to increase energy.
- Boosts the immune system: The antioxidant components of pomegranate juice also make it an excellent ally of the immune system. It’s great for raising defenses and having a protective barrier against viruses, bacteria, and fungus.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Basu, A., & Penugonda, K. (2009). Pomegranate juice: A heart-healthy fruit juice. Nutrition Reviews. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1753-4887.2008.00133.x
- Adhami, V. M., Khan, N., & Mukhtar, H. (2009). Cancer chemoprevention by pomegranate: laboratory and clinical evidence. Nutrition and Cancer. https://doi.org/10.1080/01635580903285064
- Sreekumar, S., Sithul, H., Muraleedharan, P., Azeez, J. M., & Sreeharshan, S. (2014). Pomegranate fruit as a rich source of biologically active compounds. BioMed Research International. https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/686921