Cleanse Blocked Arteries with this Simple Drink
Many people are worried about blocked arteries, which is more and more common in the world due to a poor diet and a sedentary lifestyle, which considerably increase levels of cholesterol in the blood. What a lot of people still don’t know is that this health problem can be prevented and fought naturally with a simple drink that you can make at home.
A recent study found that pomegranate extract could help prevent or revert atherosclerosis, which is an illness that occurs when there is progressive thickening of coronary arteries caused by the accumulation of fatty materials. The study, published in Atherosclerosis journal, showed that pomegranate can help unblock arteries when they accumulate a large amount of cholesterol.
To come to this conclusion, studies experimented with rodents that had coronary problems and gave them pomegranate extract for a long period of time. Once the study was completed, they concluded that pomegranate consumption was decisive in preventing the rodents from experiencing more accumulation of plaque in arteries, and also prevent them from hardening.
This investigation on the benefits of pomegranate extract in cleansing arteries also found important benefits like:
- Has the ability to reduce levels of oxidative stress.
- Can reduce the chemotactic protein of monocytes-1, a chemical messenger (chemokines) associated with inflammatory processes within arteries.
- Could reduce cardiac enlargement.
- Reduces the accumulation of fats in cardiac muscle.
- Can reduce the infiltration of macrophages in cardiac muscle.
- Reduces ECG abnormalities.
Why Is a Simple Fruit Like the Pomegranate So Good for Your Heart?
All of the benefits of a pomegranate are mainly due to their high content of antioxidants, among those vitamin C and polyphenols stand out. According to the two time winner of the Nobel prizewinner Linus Pauling, one of the main causes of cardiovascular disease is the deficiency of vitamin C.
Pomegranates also have an important anti-inflammatory power that has a fundamental role in the prevention of heart problems. Thanks to these properties, pomegranates help reduce high blood pressure, are good for blood circulation, and boost the immune system to prevent infections.
Pomegranate Juice to Reduce Cholesterol and Cleanse Blocked Arteries
This powerful pomegranate and apple juice has a high concentration of substances like flavonoids, tannins, and fiber, which are responsible for reducing cholesterol and increasing blocked artery cleansing.
- 3 apples
- 1 pomegranate
Wash the fruits well to get rid of pesticides or bacteria. Peel the granada and cut it along with the apples into big pieces. Then, put it in the blender, with a little bit of water to facilitate the blending, and drink immediately.
Other Important Benefits of Drinking Pomegranate Juice
Besides helping cleanse the arteries, regular consumption of this pomegranate juice also gives other important benefits to your body:
- It is highly antioxidant: Pomegranate juice has a high antioxidant power that could help reduce oxidative stress in the blood. Many studies have discovered that lower oxidative stress can reduce up to 44% of the size of atherosclerotic injuries.
- Has anti-carcinogenic properties: Thanks to its high levels of antioxidants, pomegranate juice could also have a significant anti-carcinogenic action. Many studies have shown that pomegranate juice could help fight cancer, not cure it, but destroy and inhibit the growth of malignant cells. Studies showed that people that drink a glass of pomegranate a day could slow the progression of prostate cancer.
- Weight loss ally: Pomegranate juice is also a good ally for those people that want to have a healthy weight. Drinking this juice as a complement to their diet and exercise can burn fat easier and get results in less time than expected. This benefit is due to its action in eliminating toxins from the body and its ability to increase energy.
- Boosts the immune system: The antioxidant components of pomegranate juice also make it an excellent ally of the immune system. It’s great for raising defenses and having a protective barrier against viruses, bacteria, and fungus.