What Causes Red Birthmarks?
It’s common to have at least one red birthmark on your skin. They are small and have a crimson color, sometimes they are even a little raised, and appear mostly on your neck, chest, and back. But, why do they appear? Should we watch out for them? Are they dangerous? We will explain below for your peace of mind.
Small scarlet marks that have such a bright red color. They tend to scare you when they appear suddenly on your skin. They don’t hurt, but they are not ugly and we all want to know the reason why they suddenly appear. Is it because of your diet? Are they associated with a disease? We will start by saying that they are not serious, but you should still control them. We will look at it in closer detail.
What Causes Red Birthmarks?
- For some people, a birthmark is an attractive touch for their skin. But most of the time, they are alterations that you should control. The scientific name of red birthmarks is Cherry Angioma. They especially appear on people with very white skin or middle aged people.
- As we said before, they don’t tend to be dangerous, but if a lot of them appear suddenly, you should see a doctor because you are definitely suffering from a change in your body. Experts associate them with liver problems.
- They are also caused by a person’s bad diet, accumulating too many toxins in your intestine or liver.
- It origin is the abnormal growth of small blood vessels.
- They measure between 1 and 4 millimeters. You may have these red moles in areas like your underarms, heels, genital areas, chest, back, legs, arms…
- Red birthmarks on your face, hands, and other exposed parts of your body can be due to overexposure to the sun. You should be cautious.
- Look at its edges and texture. If they are irregular, coarse, and measure more than 6 millimeters, you will have to speak to your dermatologist too.
- Look out for children too. Children with very light skin can also have these red birthmarks. You should watch them regularly to keep them controlled.
- They are often hereditary.
- They can also appear because of small hormonal disorders in women.
- They also appear with age.
Once you get a red birthmark on your skin, the first thing is to not get scared because they are not serious and don’t tend to need any treatment. But you should follow the following guidelines.
- See a doctor if many appear on your thorax. One or two are not significant, but any more above this number and if they are sudden signal a health problem.
- Check to see if the moles are asymmetrical or symmetrical in shape. If you have any that are asymmetrical, see a doctor.
- Look at the color. If it stays red it is not a problem, but if it turns darker and darker, you should tell your doctor.
Treatment and Prevention
- Experts say that in order to stop these red birthmarks from appearing and to lessen their effect, cleanse your intestines and help your liver to get stronger.
- Try to drink at least two liters of water a day.
- Eat plenty of fresh vegetables and juice as well. It is very beneficial to eat carrots, artichokes, and celery.
- Spirulina algae, for example, is perfect for absorbing toxins that are found in the intestine.
- Introduce avocados into your diet as well as olive oil.
- Start your morning with a glass of lemon juice.
- Dink at least two glasses of juice a day (cranberry, pineapple, pomegranate).
- Avoid dairy products. Substitute them with vegetable milk.
- Drink a dandelion infusion once a day. It is very depurative.
- Besides having a balanced diet, in order to best prevent their appearance is to protect yourself form the sun. You can prevent the ones that appear on your face and neck by using sun screen. Always try to keep your skin hydrated, consume plenty of vitamin C, and avoid being exposed to the sun during the hottest times of the day.
- These birthmarks tend to not disappear. If they bother you, you can resort to more traditional natural remedies, like applying a bandage with onion juice daily until they go away. Another remedy is to apply a tablet of vitamin C constantly. It is always recommendable to prevent them with a balanced diet that prevents the accumulation of toxins in the body. Your skin will be grateful for it.