3 Breakfasts that Help Relieve Morning Headaches
There’s nothing worse than waking up with a headache. It’s something especially common in the mornings. They can even make you feel nauseous and experience dry mouth. Why does this happen? What can you do about it? In this article, we share some breakfast options that can relieve morning headaches.
Why does my head hurt in the morning?
- You skipped dinner. Have you ever done this? It’s not a good idea since you’ll run low on the nutrients you need for energy and feel weak as a result.
- Morning headaches can be caused by apnea. Many people have this problem and don’t realize that disruptive snoring can be a sign of sleep apnea.
- You overdid it the night before. Whether you ate too much at a party, drank too much alcohol, or didn’t get enough sleep, these things can cause headaches the next day.
- You grind your teeth. Tooth grinding is a common problem. You can develop it at any age and it can result in unbearable headaches, especially on either side of the face. It can also lead to tension in the neck and headaches.
- You slept in a bad position. You need to mind how and in what position you sleep. Poor posture can sometimes lead to poor circulation.
- You took a certain medication. Some medications, such as anti-anxiety medications, can cause headaches if taken on a regular basis.
- You have restless legs syndrome. This condition is a fairly common reason for headaches since it can keep you from getting a good night’s sleep.
- You have insomnia. Many of the medications that help you sleep at night may cause headaches in the morning. It’s a better idea to choose natural remedies when you can.
- You suffer from anxiety or depression. If you suffer from either of these, they could be the reason for your morning headaches.
- You have high blood pressure. You need to make sure that your blood pressure is under control since high blood pressure is a common cause of headaches.
3 breakfasts that can relieve morning headaches
- A warm glass of water with lemon.
- 30 minutes later, drink a cup of coffee or ginger herbal tea with mint.
- Oatmeal cake with olive oil.
- A small bowl of pineapple and cucumber (or you can always make a juice out of these ingredients if you prefer).
As you can already guess, start off with that warm glass of water with lemon. This cleanses the body. Then, you can take the time to get ready, take a shower, and other things you need to do until a half hour to an hour has passed. Coffee can also help relieve headaches.
This breakfast to relieve morning headaches doesn’t work for everyone and can sometimes have the opposite effect. You have to decide for yourself what effect coffee has on your body, although many appreciate the morning burst of energy that also has a good effect on your liver.
If you don’t want to drink tea, rely on ginger as that constant fallback since it’s a wonderful and natural anti-inflammatory which also serves as a perfect pain reliever.
You should follow this up with an oatmeal cake with olive oil to get those essential fatty acids. Finally, combine pineapple and cucumber to hydrate yourself and get all those vitamins and minerals. You should also include a lot of liquids in your breakfast since staying hydrated is key to reducing headaches.
- A strawberry fruit juice.
- 40 minutes later, drink coffee or a chamomile tea.
- Spinach and pineapple salad.
- Cucumber juice with half an apple.
This is one example of a healthy breakfast that will give you the necessary energy to relieve morning headaches. You should once again start with a cleansing beverage. Blend 5 strawberries with a glass of water. Don’t add any sugar. Wait 40 minutes to an hour and drink a cup of coffee. As always, you can substitute it with a cup of chamomile tea.
Read on to learn more: Learn About the Benefits of Pineapple Water
Then, cut up some pineapple slices and a handful of fresh spinach to get a burst of pure energy. Afterward, you should drink a small cucumber and half an apple juice to get the hydration you need. Drink this juice to see how good it makes you feel.
- A glass of almond water.
- A sandwich made of oatmeal bread with a fried egg and a few drops of olive oil. If you want, you can always use a tortilla and add some bits of ham and celery.
- A bowl of watermelon, nuts, and grapes.
This final healthy breakfast starts off with a glass of almond water. Almonds have analgesic properties that help relieve morning headaches. They’re also rich in magnesium. Eggs are also great since they have the coenzyme Q10. Grapes and watermelon are also delicious, healthy, and hydrate you. You’ll love this option!It might interest you...