The 6 Best Fruits with Anti-aging Properties
Eating fruit daily provides us with vitamins and minerals, but certain fruits, in particular, stand out because of their powerful antioxidant properties. Below we are going to explain the best fruit to include in your daily diet to keep you young inside and out.
They will bring you well-being, vitality, and they will also make you look radiating.
Cranberry is one of the best fruits
In general, red fruit is an indispensable food and one of the best fruits you can incorporate into your diet, thanks to its multiple health benefits. But we are going to point out specifically, cranberry’s rejuvenating properties both in beauty as well as in general health.
Cranberries provide carotenoids and anthocyanins, components which are highly valued for their free radical fighting properties. To contextualize, free radicals cause skin and body aging.
They are rich in vitamins A and C, and to a lesser extent, vitamin B. In regards to minerals, they also contain calcium, potassium, iron, phosphorus, and magnesium.
You may also like:
Some of the cranberry’s outstanding properties:
- Helping maintain good brain functioning and strengthen memory.
- They naturally prevent and treat urinary tract infections.
- Improving vision problems, like difficulty seeing in the dark.
- They are laxatives when consumed ripe.
- They contain cleansing properties.
- Caring for and maintaining skin young and firm, because they protect collagen and strengthen tissues. A lot of cosmetic creams include them in their list of ingredients.
Papaya is a gift from nature, and even though it is still an exotic fruit is some countries, it is becoming more and more accessible in fruit stores.
Papaya’s medicinal properties include:
- It has an alkalizing effect on the body, which is perfect for fighting acidity that causes illnesses and ages the body.
- Fights constipation.
- Promotes skin tanning.
- It also improves or prevents skin marks and eczema.
- Highly anti-inflammatory and analgesic, which is fundamental for staying healthy keeping in mind that the majority of chronic illnesses cause inflammation and/or pain.
- The seeds help eliminate intestinal parasites, which are much more common that one might think.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- An indispensable food for all types of gastric disorders, like ulcers, colitis, gastroenteritis, Irritable bowel, etc. The digestive tract must be healthy to guarantee a good quality of life and to thereby prevent premature aging.
We’ve all heard talk about the anti-aging properties of wine, but the truth is, those benefits are found in grapes, without having to consume alcohol. This is all thanks to the component resveratrol, a beneficial molecule for health that is found in grapes.
It helps fight cellular aging, whose external signs are aging and general illness. Additionally, according to some studies, resveratrol may also prevent metabolic, inflammatory and cardiovascular diseases.
In order to enjoy these benefits, we recommend drinking a freshly blended grape smoothie, including the skin and seeds.
Yes, avocado is actually a fruit. It is a highly nutritive and whole fruit, which can be consumed with the seed included. It can also be used to create face and Hair masks, etc.
Avocado is rich in proteins and healthy fats, which nourish skin and the body in general. Additionally, its high vitamin E content helps prevent the appearance of wrinkles.
Avocados also fight fluid retention and help prevent cardiovascular conditions.
We recommend you also read:
Wonderful Avocado Remedies for Your Body Inside and Out
Every now and again you’ll hear a little bit more about this surprising exotic fruit, with countless benefits:
- It has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
- Increases vitality
- Helps weight loss
- Prevents cardiovascular illnesses
- Its catechins content has an extremely high antioxidant power
- If applied topically, it can help treat eczema, dermatitis, acne, psoriasis, etc.
- Cares for the kidneys
- Improves digestive functions
- Contains tryptophan, which provides emotional well-being and improves Depression
- Improves the immune system
Therefore, there are more than enough reasons to consume this fruit. In countries where it is not easily found, you can also buy it as a juice in herbal and diet stores. Without a doubt, this is one of the best fruits for your body and it is also delicious.
Rich in polyphenols, pomegranates stand out due to their antioxidant strength and antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. And thus, this makes it one of the best fruits to slow down the process of aging.
Additionally, pomegranate is rich in potassium and provides considerable amounts of magnesium, phosphorus, and iron. It also contains vitamin C, B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), and niacin.
Its antioxidant components reduce oxidative stress on the body. Antioxidants are linked by many studies to a level of prevention of diseases (Cardiovascular disease, cancer, anemia, uric acid, etc.) and for maintaining health in cutaneous cells.
Photos courtesy of docqman, Titti Nguyen Ho and Daily M.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Biology of ageing and role of dietary antioxidants.
Food & Nutritional Sciences Programme, School of Life Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong. (2014). https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24804252
- Serum Antioxidant Capacity Is Increased by Consumption of Strawberries, Spinach, Red Wine or Vitamin C in Elderly Women. Guohua Cao Robert M. Russell Neal Lischner Ronald L. Prior. Journal of Nutrition (vol. 128, pp. 2383-2390)
- Anthocyanin antioxidants from edible fruits. Department of Biological Sciences, Lehman College, and The Graduate Center, City University of New York. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (vol. 68, pp. 1081-1087)
- Papayas, raw. (n.d.)
Lycopene – antioxidant with radioprotective and anticancer properties. A review. Gajowik A, Dobrzyńska MM.2014;65(4):263-71.
- The antioxidant effect of fermented papaya preparation involves iron chelation. Department of Hematology, Hadassah-Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel. (2012). https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22824747
- Multiplicity of effects and health benefits of resveratrol.Kuršvietienė L, Stanevičienė I, Mongirdienė A, Bernatonienė J. (2016). https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27496184
- Extractable amounts of trans-resveratrol in seed and berry skin in Vitis evaluated at the germplasm level. Institute of Botany, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, Republic of China. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17090126