Spider veins. Is there anything more unpleasant when it comes to how your legs look? Beyond the unsightly appearance, spider veins are a very serious health problem, a condition that often produces discomfort in daily life.
There are many cases where surgery is required to improve circulation in the legs in order to avoid the risk of thrombosis or blood clots. However, if in your case, the problem isn’t very noticeable and you only suffer from painful varicose veins on the surface of your legs, pay attention to how these essential oils can help.
1. Cypress essential oil
Cypress essential oil can be found in any health food store. It’s not expensive and has many applications for daily use, especially for all things associated with the skin, disinfection or circulation. We’ll explain how it can help you with your spider veins:
- It improves lymphatic drainage. In fact, it’s thought that this essential oil is the best for treating varicose veins in the legs.
- It improves ciruclation.
- It’s a good antiseptic, great for treating the pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis and even relieves edema.
- It reduces the sensation of pressure and heaviness in the legs.
- It’s also really suitable if you have oily skin as it treats acne and any skin inflammation or infection.
Treatment for spider veins with cypress essential oil
- Apply 5 drops of cypress essential oil to a cold compress (put a damp cloth in the fridge for 10 minutes, for example).
- Now take the cold cloth and gently massage up the legs to improve circulation. Spend at least 10 minutes on each leg, then let the oil dry on your skin. After an hour, take a shower. You’ll see how relaxing it is.
2. Mint and rosemary essential oils
The amazing combination of these two oils is great for relieving pain, especially on those days when you get home tired with swollen legs. Mint and rosemary essential oils are really easy to find and, as we said, they’re really useful. Here’s how:
- Both mint and rosemary essential oils are good muscle relaxers, really suitable for stimulating blood flow.
- They’re refreshing and treat inflammation.
- They possess marvelous properties to alleviate the cramps that often accompany varicose veins.
- They’re excellent pain relievers that offer immediate relief when you need it.
Treatment for varicose veins with mint and rosemary essential oils
- We’re going to prepare a cold compress just as we did with the last treatment. Just put a damp cloth in the fridge for 10 minutes. Once ready, add 3 drops each of rosemary and mint essential oils.
- Massage your legs to promote blood flow and relieve the uncomfortable pressure in the varicose veins and the cramps you may be suffering from. Next, try to rest with your legs up for 20 minutes, then take a nice relaxing shower and finish by running cold water over your legs. What could be more relaxing?
3. Lemon and marigold essential oils
Are you familiar with the benefits these essential oils have to offer for your skin? If you haven’t tried them yet, discover how they can help you:
- Marigold essential oil is perfect for treating any skin problem, from edema, infections and acne to eczema and psoriasis.
- The combination of these two essential oils inhibits the inflammatory response, effectively relieving pain and activating lymphatic drainage.
- Both essential oils have a really refreshing effect that provides immediate relief.
- They’re two potent antioxidants that contain a good amount of vitamin E to leave the skin soft and smooth.
Treatment for spider veins with lemon and marigold essential oils
- This time we’re not going to use a cold compress. Marigold and lemon essential oils can be applied directly to the skin. Just put three drops of each oil in your hands and massage your legs.
- You’ll notice the immediate refreshing effect in addition to the pleasant smell. This combination of essential oils is a quick and effective remedy that not only alleviates varicose veins, but also cares for your skin if you have some inflammation or edema. When used daily, you’ll really notice the benefits they have to offer.