8 Benefits of Drinking Apple Juice
Apple juice is a natural drink that’s both sweet and refreshing. It helps you stay hydrated and satisfied. But what benefits can it specifically provide?
Apple juice, a natural and healthy drink
Apple is one of the most popular foods in the world. The sweet taste of most of its varieties, except for green, make it many people’s favorite.
Also, apple is a very versatile food. Therefore, you can easily incorporate it into multiple recipes, including juices, salads, desserts, canapes, and much more.
The highlight of this fruit is that, given its composition (bioactive, phytochemicals, dietary fiber, etc.), it has multiple health benefits. Remember that you have to consume them regularly as part of a balanced diet, because it isn’t capable of meeting all the body’s needs on its own.
Eating an apple once a year won’t benefit you. On the other hand, if you include it regularly in your meals or daily snacks, you’ll be able to benefit from its contribution.
Eight benefits of apple juice
Below, we’ll tell you about the benefits you can enjoy from drinking apple juice as part of a balanced diet. Jot them down!
1. It keeps the skin healthy and beautiful
- As apple contains ascorbic acid (vitamin C), which is an essential nutrient for collagen production, it’s considered that the consumption of the fruit or apple juice as such helps keep the skin healthy.
- It also contains a certain amount of vitamin E, which is an antioxidant that allows proper cell function.
2. It takes care of your heart
- For one thing, apple juice tones the heart muscle. Histidine (another of its components) is an amino acid that acts as a vasodilator in the body and aids tissue repair, especially in the cardiovascular system.
- On the other hand, apple juice indirectly prevents cholesterol buildup in the liver and, thus, prevents it from passing into the bloodstream. This is how it also protects the entire cardiovascular system.
3. It supports muscular health
Just one apple gives you your daily recommended amount of potassium. Potassium is one of the essential ingredients that keeps your muscles functioning normally.
In view of this, popular wisdom indicates that apple juice promotes the formation of muscle mass. This is because its intake helps transform the carbohydrates it contains into energy.
4. Relieves muscle pain
According to popular wisdom, the regular intake of apple juice (due to its potassium and antioxidant content) could help relieve muscle pain after training or a long workday.
Likewise, it’s said that the potassium this juice contains has a positive effect on the bones, since it helps to increase their density.
According to Medline Plus experts, potassium “Helps your nerves to function and muscles to contract. It helps your heartbeat stay regular. It also helps move nutrients into cells and waste products out of cells”.
5. Is refreshing
Unlike industrial beverages, which are rich in sugar and salt, two substances that contribute to fluid retention and bloating, which seem to refresh instantly but then make you more thirsty, apple juice is a healthy alternative to quench your thirst.
6. Helps fight tiredness and fatigue
Due to its sugar content, apple juice is a drink that can help fight tiredness and fatigue after some kind of physical effort (a training session, for example).
7. Helps relieve stomach pain
As a mild natural refresher, according to popular wisdom, apple juice is a drink that can help relieve mild digestive discomfort.
8. Fights diarrhea
According to popular belief, apple juice is a drink that you can drink in moderation in case of diarrhea. Not only does it “calm” the digestive system and provide relief, but it’s also hydrating and filling.
Apple juice recipe
The following is a very simple healthy apple juice recipe you can even drink on an empty stomach. This way, you’ll get the necessary nutrients to start your day with energy.
- 4 cups of water (1 liter).
- 5 tablespoons of lemon juice (50 ml).
- 4 apples, preferably red or green.
- 2 tablespoons of organic honey (20 g).
- Optional: 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (5 g).
- Firstly, wash the apples well, cut them into four pieces, and remove the core. Throw away the seeds.
- You can peel them if you want. However, this step isn’t really necessary.
- Then, place all the ingredients in a blender and blend for a few minutes until you get a smooth and lump-free drink.
- Finally, serve in a glass and enjoy.
Ready to take advantage of this delicious natural refreshing drink? Go ahead and enjoy it as part of a healthy lifestyle to reap all its benefits!It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Palomo GI, Yuri JAS, Moore-Carrasco R, Quilodrán PÁ, Neira EA. El consumo de manzanas contribuye a prevenir el desarrollo de enfermedades cardiovasculares y cáncer: Antecedentes epidemiológicos y mecanismos de acción. Rev Chil Nutr 2010;37(3):377-385
- Healthline.com Potassium [Online] Available at: www.healthline.com/health/potassium
- Casero T, Recasens I, Carrasco V y Xucla F. Dinámica de acumulación de nutrientes en manzana. Area de Postcollita. CeRTA. Universitat de Lleida (1998)
- ESCOBAR ARELLANO EE. Elaboración de una bebida adelgazante con sabor a manzana a base de apio (apium graveolens) y vinagre de manzana en diferentes concentraciones y endulzando con stevia (stevia rebaudiana bertoni) y miel de abeja. Universidad Téncica de Cotopaxi. Latanuga, Ecuador (2010).