Benefits of Drinking a Glass of Water on an Empty Stomach
Our body is composed mainly of water: 75% – muscles, 90% – brain, 22% – bone and 83% of our blood is water. Understanding this means we must be aware of the importance of consuming water daily for good health and to protect the body from the many diseases that can harm it. Taking advantage of the benefits of drinking a glass of water for our body is something we should do every day, by only consuming 1-4 glasses of water on an empty stomach. What should you expect to gain from this?
10 reasons to drink water on an empty stomach
Water is essential for life and its benefits are undeniable for good health. All organs need water to function smoothly and in good health; by will and convenience we have to take advantage of this important, effective and healthy element that nature offers us, which have at our disposal.
- Drinking 1 or 2 glasses of water before breakfast is ideal for eliminating toxins and all substances that our body does not need. Thanks to this, water helps prevent diseases and boosts metabolism at the beginning of every day.
- During the night the body works repairing cells and cleaning itself, therefore, drinking a glass of water on an empty stomach is very beneficial because this will give a boost to the body and will release all wastes, through urine.
- Drinking a glass of water or more on empty stomach helps minimize the harmful effects of some substances such as alcohol, tobacco, pollution, junk food, among others.
- Water is a great ally for the skin and very beneficial to your health; drinking 2 cups of water on empty stomach will help maintain the elasticity and tonicity of the skin and prevent premature wrinkles.
- Drinking water in the morning protects and hydrates our vital organs and makes them healthy and maintains their functioning.
- Drinking 2-3 glasses of water on empty stomach is ideal for weight loss. Besides eliminating toxins from the body, water helps to burn fat and calories, so it reduces the feelings of hunger avoiding putting on weight by overeating.
- Drinking water in the morning helps to maintain the overall good health because it helps us maintain the lymphatic system healthy, the intestinal transit, it helps us to control cortisol, and defends us against infections.
- Consuming a glass of warm water on empty stomach is a good way to start the day with energy, eliminating the sensation of sleep and fatigue that we usually experience in the morning.
- Drinking water before breakfast is ideal for combating and preventing constipation by stimulating the bowel movement.
- If you experience problems such as gastritis, water can become your best ally in treating this problem. Drink at least 3 glasses of water on empty stomach and this will help to reduce the level of acidity in your stomach and the cramps that can cause you gastritis.
How to consume water in the morning
Consuming water in the morning is a good habit that we can all form in order to take care of our health and body. For this it is important to note that we should drink water moderately and calmly, as it will not have the same benefits if we drink too much water at one time – which instead can cause health disorders. To consume water on empty stomach, in the morning, consider these recommendations:
- If you want to drink two liters of water or 4 glasses of water, it is best to divide this amount and drink it 4 times a day. You can start drinking a glass of water on empty stomach, then after breakfast and the other two glasses at different hours before eating another meal.
- As you get used to consuming water regularly, it is recommended to start with small amounts, you can start drinking a glass of water on empty stomach and you can gradually increase to 2 or 3.
- The water you drink should be of good quality, so check if the water coming out of your faucet meets the quality standards of drinking water, otherwise, you should get one that is healthy.
- If you want to complement all the benefits of water for your health with a great ally, you can add to your glass of water on empty stomach a little lemon juice.