2 Aspirin Hair Treatments You’ve Simply Got to Try
The chemical composition of the following aspirin hair treatments helps destroy the fungi that cause dandruff. It also increases blood flow to the scalp.
In this article we want to highlight two homemade aspirin hair treatments that can fix certain scalp-related issues and stimulate hair growth.
Many of us are so accustomed to using commercial hair-care products that we tend to forget about the many alternative treatments at our disposal, which can help us nourish and strengthen our hair.
Advertising tricks us into thinking that we can’t be beautiful without resorting to chemicals. But long before such products products invaded the market, women would use common ingredients to eliminate dryness, dandruff, and lots of other issues.
Today, thankfully, people are starting to rediscover these old recipes. Moreover, they’re finding that the results are just as impressive as before!
What Are the Benefits of Using Aspirin Hair Treatments?
Aspirin is one of the most widely-used painkillers and anticoagulants in the world. In fact, it’s something that nearly everyone has in their medicine cabinet already.
Doctors recommend aspirin for dealing with pain and general discomfort, but you can also take advantage of its benefits to combat fevers and protect your cardiac health.
Aspirin’s active ingredient, salicylic acid, significantly reduces your risk of heart attack and prevents blood clots in people with circulatory problems.
In addition to all its pharmaceutical applications, aspirin can also be used for cosmetic purposes. This is due to the various substances it contains.
When applied topically, aspirin cleans your hair and eliminates the fungi that cause dandruff and dry scalp. It promotes better circulation and boosts skin cells’ oxygen supply, therefore stimulating hair growth.
You might like:
Aspirin also has an exfoliating effect that eliminates dead skin cells. This improves the absorption of nutrients and strengthens the hair follicles.
An Aspirin-Based Shampoo
The following alternative treatment is very easy to make. Apply it daily in order to benefit from all the hair-care properties that aspirin has to offer!
- 3 aspirin tablets
- 3 tablespoons (1 ounce) of shampoo
What should you do?
- Grind the aspirin into a powder using a mortar and pestle.
- Mix it with three tablespoons of your regular shampoo.
- While showering, moisten your hair, then cover it completely with the treatment.
- Leave it on for five minutes, after which you should rinse as usual.
- If you like, continue by applying your favorite conditioner.
A Hair Lotion with Aspirin
The second aspirin-based treatment we recommend is a lotion that will enhance your natural hair color. Plus it will protect this part of your body against the negative effects of the elements.
People who’ve dyed their hair but want to return to their natural color should definitely use the below lotion!
- 8 aspirin tablets
- 0.1 gallon of water
What should you do?
- Grind the aspirin into a fine powder, and mix it with 0.1 gallon of hot water.
- Pour this mixture into a spray bottle. Apply it to your hair thoroughly.
- Repeat this procedure every night.
- Be sure to shake the bottle well before each use, as the aspirin powder will tend to deposit on its bottom.
- The effects of the two aspirin hair treatments presented above may vary from person to person. Your hair type and daily habits will play a key role!
- To get the best results possible, be sure to use them on a regular basis.
- It’s also a good idea to start drinking more water and to add foods that are rich in biotin, vitamin E, and protein to your diet.
- To avoid any allergic reactions, it’s important to test these treatments on a small area of your scalp before applying them thoroughly. If you experience any irritation or itching, stop using the treatment immediately!
Did you ever imagine that aspirin could help you be more beautiful? Now that you know all about its amazing benefits, don’t hesitate to try one of these aspirin hair treatments at home.
Although you won’t get immediate results, in a few days you’ll find that your hair is cleaner, silkier, and damage-free.