You may be so accustomed to using commercial products for hair care that you ignore the presence of alternatives for nourishing and strengthening your hair.
Advertising and the broad number of options for cosmetic products have led you to believe that chemical treatments are your best bet to keep your hair healthy and free from problems.
But long before commercial hair care products invaded the market, women used ingredients they had at home to eliminate dryness, dandruff, and a myriad of other issues.
Today some people are going back to those old recipes and they’re finding that the effects are still as good as before. We especially want to highlight a homemade aspirin hair treatment that alleviates certain problems with the scalp and stimulates hair growth.
What are the benefits of an aspirin hair treatment?
Aspirin is one of the most widely-used painkillers and anticoagulants in the world. In fact, it’s something that nearly everyone has in their home medicine kit.
Doctors recommend it for pain and general discomfort, but aspirin can also reduce fever and protect your heart health.
The active ingredient, salicylic acid, significantly reduces your risk of a heart attack and helps prevent blood clots in people who have circulatory problems.
In addition to all the benefits of aspirin as a medicine, it’s also been used for cosmetic purposes thanks to the various substances that it contains.
When used topically, aspirin deep cleans your hair and eliminates the fungi that cause dandruff and dry scalp. It promotes better circulation while increasing the supply of oxygen to the skin cells, promoting better hair growth.
It also has an exfoliating effect that eliminates dead skin cells, which improves the absorption of nutrients and strengthens the hair follicles.
How do you make an aspirin hair treatment?
It’s easy to make this simple treatment for daily use in order to benefit from all that aspirin has to offer for your hair.
- 3 aspirin tablets
- 3 tablespoons of shampoo (30 g)
What should you do?
- Grind the aspirin into a powder using a mortar and pestle.
- Mix three tablespoons of your regular shampoo with the aspirin.
- While you’re in the shower, moisten your hair and apply the shampoo until it completely covers your hair.
- Leave it on for five minutes and then rinse as usual.
- If you like, continue by applying your favorite conditioner.
How do you make a hair lotion using aspirin?
This aspirin hair treatment is a lotion that will enhance your natural hair color and protect it from the negative effects of the elements.
It’s also recommended for people who dye their hair and want to return to their natural color.
- 8 aspirin tablets
- 1/2 liter of water
What should you do?
- Grind the aspirin into a powder and mix it with a half liter of hot water.
- Pour this mixture into a spray bottle and spray your hair thoroughly with it.
- Repeat this procedure every night.
- Be sure to shake the bottle well before each use, as the aspirin powder will tend to sink to the bottom.
- The effects of these treatments with aspirin will vary from person to person, depending on their hair type and daily habits.
- To get the best results be sure to use them on a regular basis.
- It’s also a good idea to increase your consumption of water, as well as foods that are rich in biotin, vitamin E, and protein.
- To avoid any allergic reactions it’s important to test the product on a small area of your scalp before applying the full treatment. If you experience any irritation or itching, discontinue use immediately.
Did you ever imagine you could care for your hair using aspirin? Now that you know all the benefits it can have, don’t hesitate to try some of these tricks.
Although you won’t see the effects immediately, in a few days you’ll find that your hair is cleaner, silkier, and free of damage.