A Tasty Recipe for Asparagus Gazpacho
The great thing about vegetarian recipes is that they’re oftentimes imaginative, and they give you more opportunities to use more and different ingredients. Below, we’ll take a look at gazpacho and a special asparagus gazpacho recipe.
Asparagus gazpacho is delicious, and asparagus also has purifying and detoxing properties. In addition, asparagus can also help you with weight loss.
Other than being a cold soup, asparagus gazpacho is perfect for a light lunch because it’s loaded with protein. This is due to the ingredients in the soup, especially the broth, which contains many nutrients and few calories.
Now, what makes this dish special? Quite simply, it is a traditional dish that can be prepared in just a few minutes! Now, you may be wondering what is traditional about gazpacho, but in many Spanish-speaking countries, gazpacho is a typical dish.
Gazpacho is sometimes served with a few slices of bread, and it’s served at room temperature, hence the name “cold soup.” Gazpacho is truly delicious, and you will enjoy every bite!
The best part of gazpacho is that it is so simple to prepare. It requires few ingredients, and you can easily have it prepared in 30 minutes! While it’s simple to make, it’s packed with nutrients and is very tasty!
With this in mind, this vegetarian recipe has some differences from the traditional Andalusian recipe. The two biggest differences to note are:
- This recipe has no tomatoes,
- It also does not include any cucumbers or peppers of any kind.
However, feel free to add some bread crumbs or bread slices if you want. You can also add ingredients that better fit your culinary style and preferences. Now, all that’s left is the recipe itself!
Asparagus Gazpacho Recipe
Asparagus is a vegetable and a herbaceous plant. There are various types of asparagus. For this recipe, we’ll be using green asparagus, which is known to have many health benefits.
Asparagus substitutes the tomato in this recipe. The taste of the asparagus nicely compliments the other ingredients without overpowering them.
Discover: 8 Amazing Health Benefits of Asparagus
- 1 bunch of green or wild asparagus (180 g)
- 1 boiled egg
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of white wine (15 ml)
- 2 cups of filtered water (500 ml)
- 1 large potato or 2 medium potatoes (180 g)
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (30 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of sherry vinegar (30 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of salt (15 g)
You may also be interested in: Discover 6 Reasons to Eat Asparagus and How to Cook it
- Start by cleaning the asparagus well. Sometimes there’s dirt on the asparagus, so make sure to clean it very well.
- Then, cut the asparagus finely. Keep the tips. Set the tips aside.
- Next, add a few drops of olive oil in a pan. When hot, sauté the asparagus a little until you can begin to smell it.
- After that, add the asparagus, wine, water, and garlic to a blender.
- Blend the mixture until it is more or less smooth and creamy.
- Next, pass the mixture through a sieve.
- Now, add the yolk of the boiled egg, salt, and sherry vinegar. Blend or beat again.
- Pour the tablespoons of olive oil in and refrigerate.
- Peel and cut the potatoes. Put a little oil in a pan and fry the potatoes.
- Once they’re fried, add the saved asparagus tips and fry them, too.
- Finally, cut the egg white and combine it to make a beautiful garnish for your delicious asparagus gazpacho.
Lastly, if you want to make this recipe vegan, just leave out the egg. Bon appétit!It might interest you...