Sometimes All You Really Need is a Hug to Heal Your Soul
We all need hugs. Hugs make us feel better, they lighten the load, they make us feel loved. It’s important not only to get hugs, but to give them as well. Sometimes all you need is a hug to heal your soul.
Hugs are a way to express affection, understanding, love and approval. It says “everything’s okay” and “I’m here with you,” which we all need every once in a while.
Over the course of several articles we have talked about the need to develop self-love, self-esteem, and your ability to fight for your dreams and to avoid negative relationships.
Today we want to dive into the value of regularly practicing this expression of love, which is more than bodies simply coming into contact and putting one heart next to the other. It’s about offering openness and hugging someone’s soul.
So tell me…do you hug your loved ones daily?
Hug to heal and soothe fears
Let’s start by talking about those hugs that are capable of solving problems without almost any need of words. I bet you yourself have experienced this before too, after fighting with your kids or partner, and you just don’t know what else to do.
There are often times a lot of disagreements that pop up throughout the day that leave behind words that are charged with tension. At a certain point the mind can’t even think anymore, but there are still feelings and emotions that tell us that we love that person, and it hurts not to find a solution.
Something so simple as a hug can immediately dissolve tensions, any sense of stress and despair. Suddenly everything comes together: your bodies, your emotions, and your cares.
Something else important to keep in mind is that in romantic relationships, it is very common to experience moments of doubt, fear and worry.
- There are times when relationships become routine, everyday is just like the other, and in some way you lose the magic you once had. That is when doubts arise.
- You will start to be afraid, you’ll ask yourself if your partner still loves you, if they will continue to want you, and if the relationship will stay strong forever.
- That is when the need to show authenticity arises. Some days, just saying “everything’s good,” “of course I still love you, what a crazy thought,” just isn’t enough. You don’t want to hear words, you need actions. And there is nothing better than a long, silent hug.
Keep in mind that there are all sorts of ways to hug, and whenever we get a hug, you need to feel that it is real, truly felt, and authentic. That’s when your fears will disappear, when the whole universe becomes one and when transcendence takes place.
Hugs that unite you with the world and those you most love
The best hugs are the ones you get when you need it the most, when you truly discover what defines your life and your own heart.
- Many street experiments have been carried out whereby an anonymous individual gives “free hugs.” It’s a positive encounter that offers closeness, however authentic hugs–the most therapeutic of hugs–are those that come from the people we love.
- If a hug connects you to the world, it’s because it came from someone significant to you. Think about, for example, how children would be if they didn’t have constant physical contact, like caresses and good morning and goodnight hugs.
- Hugging is a way to recognize an individual, a child or an elderly person, to give them roots. It’s says to them that they are part of you and that you see them, you love them and you wrap them in your arms because they are part of your soul.
- There’s nothing on Earth that gives relief the way hugs do, if it comes at the right time and is offered sincerely. The heart becomes alive, it strengthens self-esteem, and it gives you a pleasant feeling thanks to endorphins released.
If they don’t step forward to hug you…then you hug them!
Sometimes people complain that children or their partner seem a bit “cold,” that it seems like they don’t need these demonstrations of affection, or that they even reject them.
This is part of their personality. However, just because they don’t offer a hug doesn’t mean that they don’t need or appreciate it. There are some people that find it hard to display this emotional need; they don’t dare do it, and it doesn’t seem like they want to.
- Once kids get to a certain age, they start to relate hugs with certain signs of affection that take them back to their days of being children, during a time when they are fighting for their independence.
- Don’t worry when this happens, do not get angry with them or think that they don’t love you. Believe it or not, a sudden, furtive and intense hug will always get a smile out of them, and will make them blush.
We all need daily hugs, or random hugs, to strengthen ties. It reminds us that “I’m here with you and I will never stop loving you. You are the best part of my life.”