A Delicious Tuna Sandwich Recipe
When you just want to eat something healthy and light, making a delicious tuna sandwich at home is your best option. Just a few minutes and a lot of creativity are all it takes to create a delicious and nutritious snack.
A tuna sandwich made with fresh or canned tuna is a healthy homemade alternative that everyone loves. You can have them for lunch or dinner. Making this snack at home is a healthy, nutritious and perfect choice that can be eaten by itself or with other side-dishes.
Delicious and nutritious tuna sandwich
Tuna is a cold water fish that’s high in omega three fatty acids and is good for your heart. It contains vitamins A, B, and D, minerals like phosphorus, magnesium, iron, and iodine, and including unsaturated fats that help increase muscle mass.There are many options to consider when making a fresh homemade tuna sandwich. All of them are fast and delicious – it’s just takes some creativity to prepare a real treat for the whole family.
Read this article too: How to lose 8 pounds in 10 days
Tuna sandwich with mustard
- ½ of a finely chopped celery stalk (20 g)
- ¼ of a finely chopped red onion (10 g)
- 12 slices of tomato, diced
- 12 slices of whole grain bread
- 2 cans of tuna (200 g)
- ½ cup of plain yogurt (100 g)
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard (20 g)
- 2 tablespoons of yellow mustard (20 g)
- ½ cup of freshly chopped cilantro (80 g)
- Arugula leaves
- Add the yogurt and mustard to a bowl and mix well.
- Drain the tuna and add it to the yogurt mixture.
- Add the cilantro, celery, and onion to the mix.
- Stir everything well. Cover and store in the fridge for half an hour.
- Place six slices of bread on a board. Spread each slice with some of the mixture and add some tomato and arugula on top.
- Place the other six slices on top and slightly flatten the sandwiches together.
Deli style tuna sandwich
- ½ of a chopped onion (15 g)
- 1 can of tuna (150 g)
- 2 slices of bread
- Mayonnaise to taste
- 3 leaves of lettuce
- Butter to taste
- 1 ripe or greenish tomato (30 g).
- After removing the excess liquid from the tuna, place it in a bowl and shred it with a fork.
- Add the mayonnaise to taste, and mix well.
- Add the onion.
- Wash the lettuce thoroughly and chop the leaves into small pieces. Mix in with the tuna, mayonnaise, and onion.
- Heat the bread in a toaster and spread it with a little butter.
- Add tomato slices to one of the bread slices.
- On the other slice, add some of the tuna mixture and put the sandwich together by lightly pressing them together.
Check out this article too: 4 vitamins for healthy skin
Tuna sandwich with asparagus
- 1 chopped small onion (20 g)
- Butter, to taste
- 1 cup of milk (optional)
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 small can of sweet corn (70 g)
- 4 leaves of raw spinach or lettuce
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise (20 g)
- 1 can of tuna in oil (150 g)
- 1 bunch of asparagus tips (100 g)
- Add the onion into a small bowl.
- Drain the oil from the tuna and mix it with the onion. Set aside.
- Add three tablespoons of sweet corn to the tuna mixture.
- Add two tablespoons of mayonnaise to the bowl and mix well.
- Wash the spinach or lettuce leaves and pat dry.
- Place a medium sized skillet on low heat to slightly toast each slice of bread with a little butter.
- When the bread has a golden color, place it face up on a plate. Spread the spinach, tuna filling, and asparagus on one slice of bread. Cover it with the other slice and serve.