Your metabolism is the group of processes that the body uses to convert food into energy in order for it to function properly.
If these actions are carried out slowly, fewer nutrients are utilized and they are transformed into fat that adds to your body weight and jeopardizes your health.
Given this risk, the best way to lose weight is to speed up a slow metabolism. A lot of discipline, effort, and motivation is required to get there, but it’s a fairly simple strategy.
Tips for changing a slow metabolism
1. Remember the basics: eat five meals a dayYour digestive system usually reserves some of the food you eat so you have additional energy if you don’t eat for a long period of time.
This evolutionary trait makes little sense in a society where food is guaranteed, so those food reserves are turned into fat.
If your body gets accustomed to five meals a day, however, it will learn that it doesn’t need to store anything, which will help change a slow metabolism.
In this case, it’s best to take breaks from your diet on occasions so your body won’t become too used to it. As with any other aspect of life, change keeps you active and attentive.
2. Follow the classics: exercise to speed up metabolism
Getting exercise means using energy that you wouldn’t otherwise use, contributing to the acceleration of your metabolic system.
As we mentioned in the previous tip, you should vary your training intensity so your energy exertion isn’t always the same. When you don’t do this, your metabolism will slow back down.
3. Don’t forget to drink waterWater fills your stomach but doesn’t contain anything that slows your digestion. This means it will speed up your metabolism.
In this sense, the more water you drink, the faster you will metabolize food. Always stay within the healthy limit: two to three liters a day.
4. Try coconut oil
Besides being very tasty, this oil is more stimulating than olive oil. In fact you can even burn three times more calories than with other similar ingredients.
This occurs because coconut oil triggers a state that’s known as ketosis, which uses fats as fuel instead of sugars.
There are plenty of recipes and ways to use it. For beginners, it’s a good idea to start with a teaspoon before a meal or use it as a substitute for olive oil.
5. Add spice to your meals with cinnamonOddly enough, this spice enables you to absorb sugars much faster. Research has shown that absorption can be up to 20 times faster than normal.
There are plenty of dishes that you can add cinnamon to, but we recommend using it as a natural sweetener in coffee or tea. You’ll eliminate the use of harmful products without sacrificing great flavor.
6. Have coffee with breakfast
Caffeine not only wakes you up, it also speeds up your heart rate. Activating the heart is important because it gives the rest of your body a boost, including your metabolism.
7. Include oily fish in your dietThe first benefit you’ll notice is that you feel full sooner, so you will eat less.
Moreover, your body will only use what it needs and will discard the rest, because it’s easy to digest. Being light, it will be a rapid process that helps modify the metabolism.
8. Eat spicy foods
Spicy foods increase your body temperature. Heat helps speed up a slow metabolism because it puts you on alert. Then you process nutrients more quickly and when combined with light ingredients, everything will accelerate.
9. Streamline your mealsDon’t give up on taste. Mix the foods you like with new ingredients to help you digest them faster and better.
In addition, it’s a good idea to eat your meals while seated at the table and avoid distractions; when you watch TV while you eat, you usually eat more.
You need to incorporate these habits into your regular life.
That is the key: you have to be consistent when you try to change your metabolism, including the need to make changes in both your diet and the intensity of your exercise.
Are you ready to try these amazing tips? Do you have any other ideas you think might surprise us?