9 Fruits to Hydrate Your Skin Naturally
In addition to naturally hydrating your body, these fruits also give a boost of vitamins and minerals that will do so much for your health. Learn more about them in this article.
Keeping your skin healthy should be your number one priority when it comes to personal care. But how much are you spending on commercial creams and cosmetics? The truth is that hydrating your skin doesn’t have to be expensive. It’s quite the opposite; you can get all the water you need for soft, moisturized skin from the fruit in your refrigerator. Read on to find out about 9 fruits to hydrate your skin naturally.
Fruits to hydrate your skin naturally
The first of our fruits to hydrate your skin are lemons. They are, in fact, one of the most hydrating fruits of all. Because they’re rich in calcium, vitamin C, and magnesium, they improve immune system function. In addition to that, lemons also clean your digestive and circulatory systems.
- Firstly, because of their high levels of vitamin C and antioxidants, lemons help fortify and invigorate your cells and skin.
- Secondly, they also fight the free radicals that speed up skin aging.
So, to take advantage of the goodness of lemons, all it takes is drinking a glass of water with lemon juice.
Read this too: Treat Anemia with Nettle and Lemon
Apples are one of the tastiest fruits to hydrate your skin. They go well in everything, from salads to smoothies and beyond. And, best of all, they’re perfect for getting the soft skin you’ve always wanted.
- Apples, rich in malic acid and tartaric acid, help get rid of dead skin cells that accumulate on the surface
- Since they’re 80% water, they make hydration easy
Cucumber is wonderful for your body since it is 97% water. This makes them great for natural hydration.
- Firstly, cucumbers are rich in vitamin E, making them not only incredibly alkaline and hydrating but also good for beautiful skin.
- Secondly, cucumber skin is high in silica which improves the strength of your skin, hair, and nails.
Now that you know, try to include more cucumber in your diet from now on. Don’t miss out on its superpowers!
Their deep, dark red color is a good indication of how many nutrients, vitamins, and minerals cherries have.
- Firstly, these nutrients relieve pain caused by inflammation, prevent illnesses like cancer, and slow down the aging process.
- Secondly, cherries are also rich in beta-carotene, a chemical compound that turns into vitamin A in your liver.
Vitamin A is a necessary vitamin that keeps the mucous membranes of your skin healthy. Try adding some cherries to your smoothies, and you’ll be naturally hydrating your body.
All berries are high in antioxidants, which help fight free radicals and prevent a multitude of diseases. These antioxidants are wonderful for your eyes, glands, and brain since they help improve your memory.
As if that weren’t enough, berries are amazing for natural hydration. That said, they’re best eaten unprocessed and whole. You can try adding them to yogurt or your morning oatmeal.
Papayas are an exceptional fruit for cleansing your digestive tract. They contain an enzyme called papain that helps feed the healthy bacteria found in your intestine. Papain is perfect for hydrating your skin. This enzyme eliminates skin impurities and helps water absorb properly.
Papayas also have a high water content. This means that as they detox your body and help with digestive issues, they give you the water you need to hydrate your body. They are also one of the best fruits to hydrate your skin.
Watermelon is one of the most helpful fruits when it comes to detoxing and hydrating your body. It’s rich in vitamin C, vitamin A, potassium, and magnesium. Because of this, it hydrates while also nourishing your body.
- Eating 2 cups of watermelon can correct up to 40% of the skin damage caused by dehydration and environmental factors.
Now that you know about this super fruit, put it on your grocery list as often as possible.
Are you someone who likes to start your day with a nice glass of juice? Well, why not make it yourself and try a grapefruit juice? That way you’ll know it’s completely natural and chemical-free while also getting hydrated.
- Grapefruits are rich in antioxidants, thus helping to prevent premature signs of skin aging.
- Since they’re high in vitamin C, they encourage collagen production, which is in charge of keeping your skin firm and youthful.
Try including grapefruit in your diet instead of oranges to get the same delicious benefits with less sugar.
Check out this article: Lose Weight by Drinking Grapefruit Juice after Meals
Coconut water is excellent at natural hydration. It’s rich in minerals (iron, zinc, potassium) and vitamins (A, folic acid). In addition, it adds a great taste to smoothies and is so refreshing on hot days.
In summary, we’ve given you all the information you need on fruits to hydrate your body and now it’s up to you to include them in your diet. You’ll certainly notice the difference!
Principal image courtesy of wikiHow.com