8 Homemade Remedies to Shrink Large Pores
Besides minimizing enlarged pores, these homemade remedies will also help fight acne and other blemishes while exfoliating your face.
A lack of hydration and moisturizing, improper cleansing, and your daily habits (like smoking or not exercising) can lead to dull, wrinkled, abused skin. It can also lead to large pores. Below we’ll tell you about some homemade remedies that cal help shrink large pores and give you a more beautiful and youthful face.
Natural recipes to shrink large pores
Sometimes you can only see them in magnifying glasses, but other times they’re in plain sight.
Large pores are a common problem from the time you reach 25 or 30, and if you don’t treat them in time, they can be very difficult to improve.
That’s why we recommend using homemade creams at the first sign of enlarged pores. And don’t forget to moisturize and wash your face daily in order improve your skin overall.
Take a look at these homemade recipes to shrink large pores:
Want to learn more?
1. Egg and oat mask
Egg whites contain many different nutrients that tone and strengthen your skin. And oats act as an exfoliant, while lemon clears up your skin.
Together, these ingredients help regulate your body’s natural production of oil. We recommend applying this mask at night because the lemon can stain your skin if it comes in contact with the sun.
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice (20 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of oats (20 g)
- Beat the egg white and then add it to the lemon juice.
- Keep mixing and add the oats.
- Once you obtain a well-mixed paste, apply to your previously washed face.
- Then make circular movements to exfoliate.
- Finally, rinse with warm water.
2. Cucumber mask
When you think about beauty treatments, you picture a woman with cucumber slices on her eyes… and it’s true, they’re awesome!
You can use the vegetable to shrink large pores and make your face look firmer and radiant.
- 1 cucumber
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch (20 g)
- Peel the cucumber and process in a blender. You could also grate it very finely.
- Then add the cucumber and cornstarch to a container.
- Mix until a thick paste is formed.
- Apply to your face, previously washed, with circular movements.
- Let sit for 15 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- Use a moisturizing cream once finished.
3. Almond mask
Grated or ground nuts can be a perfect homemade exfoliant.
- 1/3 cup of almonds (70 g)
- 3 tablespoons of water (30 ml)
- Grate or grind up the almonds until a powder is obtained.
- Mix with the water to form a grainy paste (you can use a bit more or less water).
- Then apply the paste with circular movements, starting with your nose and moving towards your cheeks, forehead, and chin.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes and wash with warm water.
- Repeat twice a week.
4. Tomato lotion
This garden fruit has a high water content and therefore is used when you spend too much time in the sun and get burnt.
Tomatoes contain potassium, which reduces the appearance of spots on your skin. Thus they may help reduce the appearance of enlarged pores.
- All you have to do is apply homemade tomato juice to your face with a cotton ball after showering. Repeat every night.
5. Milk serum
You can find it at perfume shops and beauty stores. This ancient homemade remedy doesn’t just clear up your skin but also minimizes the size of your pores.
- After washing your face and before going to bed, apply a bit of milk serum (or whey) with a cotton ball.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- If you don’t have milk serum, you can do the same but with natural (sugarless) drinkable yogurt.
Check this article out:
6. Baking soda mask
Baking soda is a staple in everyone’s home. It’s useful in cleaning, beauty, and health. It also has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that may help with acne and large pores.
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda (20 g)
- 2 tablespoons of warm water (20 ml)
- Add the baking soda and water to a container.
- Mix until a smooth paste is formed.
- Then, apply it to your face with circular movements to exfoliate well.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes and rinse with cold water.
7. Papaya mask
This tasty tropical fruit has great benefits for your skin.
You can use the peel as a homemade remedy to shrink large pores. It’s very easy:
- Smooth the inner side of the skin over your face.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes and wash with warm water.
8. Honey mask
Honey is a wonderful sweetener we use in cooking and tea, but it’s also a powerful antibacterial and anti-inflammatory with the ability to significantly improve the appearance of your skin.
It can help with acne and skin blemishes while preventing skin infections.
- 1 tablespoons of oats (5 g)
- 2 tablespoons of honey (50 g)
- Add the oats to a container and pour the honey in, little by little.
- Mix well.
- Apply to your clean, dry face, starting with your nose and forehead.
- Continue with your cheeks and don’t forget your chin.
- Let it sit 15 minutes and rinse with warm water.